Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 17 December 2020

I'm off for a walk..

Thursday 17th December 2020
How you speak to yourself matters!



Another good day in our house, mom was on form, it's almost like having my old mom back and it's wonderful, we've both slept too so here's hoping for a good day ahead again!  Her leg also looked a bit better when the district nurse came to change the dressing, so that's really hopefully, it's still red raw but there wasn't as much green stuff on it so here's hoping it's on the mend, that would be the best Christmas pressie ever! 

Speaking of Christmas pressies, after seeing how happy mom was opening those lovely little gifts that Tracey had bought mom, I realised I needed to get my gift buying on!  Which isn't easy when you're not going in shops, I've not been shopping since Covid hit really, one trip to the butchers and a couple of nip ins to Co-op has been my lot, the chemist is the only place I've really been on a regular basic.  I got the laptop out and added a couple of things to my supermarket shop that she can have, then ordered a few 'purple' things from Amazon.  I'm not great at buying what I call tat ;) but I think I've managed to get a few things she'll enjoy opening, now to try and get them upstairs to wrap without her knowing, better check what wrapping stuff I have, think I have some bags I can reuse and I've got her santa sack with her name on from years gone by.  

I wanted a tree yesterday, watching the lovely ones on the tele, I soon got over the idea though, so much hassle when you're starting from scratch and no room in this house.  I also worry a little that too much change would disrupt the calm we have and I'm not risking that!

I'm off for a walk today round Chasewater, looking forward to a bit of fresh air, the forecast is dry too thankfully!  I'm loving that I'm not having to stress about trying to be able to do WW zooms without mom getting all worked up, it's making such a difference to the day.  Money might end up being tight but I'd rather be poor and sane! 

Every morning I go on Pinterest to look for quotes usually, but occassionally I'll see something that interests me, this morning I clicked what I thought was an image and it opened a link selling diaries.  Well one gave me an idea, although I'm not paying £28 for the book!  A gratitude journal, each page has 3 boxes on with these three things;

Today I am thankful for...
Things that made me smile today.....
Three things I want to remember about today....

I love this idea, now I have some scrapbook stuff that I bought years ago, they're like big photo album things, I'm going to sort them out and suggest that mom and I use them to diarise our days, I can print out the silly photos I take.  Basically it'll be like Facebook printed out for mom to look through and enjoy the smile moments.

You could do this for yourself, with your kids, with your loved ones.  I think if this year has taught us anything this year, it's that we need to enjoy and appreciate the small and simple things in life.  There's lots about 2020 we'll all be happy to forget, but there are things we'd like to remember but I bet you're already forgetting those things, those moments of kindness shown to you by others, the generosity and the gestures.  I'll never forget opening my door to bags of goodies on the door handle, or to a box of stuff and it'd been pushed so close to the door I couldn't open the door lol.  I'll never forget my wonderful friends who sat with me at my workshop so that I wasn't there alone and afraid.  There's a lot about this year, I never want to forget!

Yes I'm gonna go sort out those folders and cards, but it could be done in a regular note pad, a ring bound one would be best because then you could still photos in and it would still close.  One of my most special possessions is a book of photos and comments from my bestie, it makes me smile every time I open it.

I haven't heard what Boris has said about Christmas yet because it won't affect me personally, mom and I will be spending it together alone anyway.  I think we all need to make the most of those closest, knowing that once we've all been able to have the vaccine, we can get together and hug!  Who knew all we all wanted for Christmas was a good hug from those we miss - see the best things in life can't be bought.

I'm off to find my book, because.... 

Great things are happening all around you.
Sometimes you just need a reminder to open your eyes and count them.
We all need a reminder to slow down once in a while.
So, what could you achieve when you're positive, thankful, and embracing every single day?

Here's to a good day that'll give me something worth remembering xx

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

Oh before I forget, I've got loads of flyers that I can't hand out now we're in tier3, so do you fancy winning a mini or £10k? Join my group to enter...(1) Win A Mini with UW by Bev | Facebook 






No comments: