Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 27 November 2020

Reminiscing...

Friday 27th November 2020
It's not the hours you put in, it's what you put into those hours!


My lovely mom slept most of the day yesterday and she finally seemed content so I left her thinking if it meant I was kept awake all night so be it, but thankfully, I was allowed to sleep, only woke me once in the night, then about 5 this morning, I'll take that thank you very much! 

Tier 3 for me then, not that it'll make a lot of difference to our life, but I'm waiting to hear what it means for WW workshops, I will let my members know as soon as I do.  I just want to keep my mom as safe as possible until the vaccination is here, once we've both had that, I'll be happy to go out and do stuff! I haven't spent all these months indoors, to let the last month or so be the death of her!  Death comes to us all I know and to be honest mom's more than ready, she says it often, but not at the hands of Covid, it's a viscious, cruel painful and lonely way to leave this earth!

Anyway, let's change the subject to something more positive, my living rooms starting to look a little christmassy, I have a poinsettia from Angie and a little tree that my sister treated me too.  I also had my advent calender come yesterday, it's huge - open it fills half my window sill, I can't wait to start using it!  It's a crochet society calender, so I'll get my crojo back in December I feel, I'm thinking the first box might be a ball of wool to get me started on a Christmas project - how cool is that!


I had a box of chocolates come from UW yesterday to congralate me on reaching QD, the lockdown meant they'd been delayed but they still tasted amazing, especially as yesterday I'd helped a lovely lady named Lizzy achieve QD too, I love helping people don't I and this is another way to do it, supporting her on her calls, she did amazing yesterday too, did it all and smashed it, she's going to be great at it and help lots of people.  

Can you believe 16 years ago today, I was starting the weekend before I became a WW coach, I remember spending the weekend practising my meeting talk, thinking 'what will I wear', stressing out over whether I'd pass the 'exam' and they'd let me have the badge!  I was starting it as a hobby, planning to do the 2 minimum workshops a week required, one was going to be Essington where I'd gone to lose my weight with mom and my sister, the other one was going to be Bushbury community centre and I was excited, scared, apprehensive but determined and thankfully I passed and the rest as they say is history!  What started as a part time gig, by the June became something I wanted to do full time as I loved it so much and it'd made me realise my full time job was no longer what it had been but I was scared to make that leap, I had to pay the bills and I'd got a pension where I was!  

After a few weeks of battling with myself, taking advice from others and listening to my heart, I finally walked into the MD and handed my notice in, his response was just 'okay'!  Just a number, that's all I was, 11 years I'd worked there and it was over, just like that!  

I remember having debt so feeling I needed to stay doing what I was doing because the WW could only promise me a couple of meetings which wasn't going to cover the bills, but I took a leap of faith and it paid off, by the end of that year I was loving it and got up to 15 meetings!  

Don't be afraid of making changes, if you've lost your job this year, remember you have lots of transferable skills, you don't have to stay in the type of job you're in, you can learn new stuff too. Heck I wanted out of my last job because I hated having to stand up in from of people and do presentatations, yet that's what I do every day as a WW coach, I was terrified the first few times I did it, but it got easier.  

Here I am 16 years later with so many fond memories, having met such incredible people and thankful for being brave enough to say I'd had enough and making that leap of faith!  Everything is sortoutable!

27 days till Christmas, it's getting closer isn't it, obviously we'll be having a very quiet one, but it'll still be relaxing, I've got my delivery slot, just need to buy my normal weekly shop because I've won my dinner and a hamper of goodies, so won't need to spend any more ;) chuffed I am.

Well it's my day off, I've got one call to do, the nurse is coming from the dementia clinic to see mom, then I plan to chill after I've done that and have a relaxing day, maybe do some crochet, I need to finish this blanket I've been doing forever!  

Here's to a good day xx

Mwah, 

Luv me xx





 

No comments: