Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 1 November 2020

Month 11 of 2020!

Sunday 1st November 2020
Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
Donated my WW Wellness wins again to The Trussell Trust yesterday, there's nothing I need on there and this will at least do some good and I'm not far off being able to donate another before Christmas. 



Charities are struggling at the moment, so if you can spare anything pick a charity that means something to you and donate a little.  I've donated to https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-involved/ways-to-give/donate as I haven't bought a poppy this year, so they can have my donation instead. 

Lockdown ay, we've gotta talk about it I guess, a month more or less, starting Thursday, we're waiting for confirmation of what's happening with work but I'm guessing we'll be closed again as it's not an essential thing in the big scheme of things. 


Yep that looks like us home for a month at least with mom, to be fair, I think I can safely say that's me home alone for the rest of the year with mom!


I'm going to use this month well, I've gott to do my WW stocktake today so I shall use that time to also sort the shed and space outside.  I'm next going to organise my office, that's next weeks project, I need to make my other business work now so I can pay my bills.  If you're going to be stuck home alone too, why not give me half hour for a chat on the phone, I might be able to help you, just get in touch.  Don't assume I can't help you, that was my attitude before I finally gave in and I've saved about £500 a year - if not more!  

I'm on my virtual workshop this morning still so if you want a good catch up of everything that is WW, I'll be on from 9-10 in the Wolverhampton WW Connect group.  We're talking self compassion, something we all need to do right now. 

Another thing we need to do be doing right now is being thankful for what we have got, focusing on the things that matter, observing the things that we are still blessed to have in our lives.  

I know people are going to be missing holidays, birthdays and celebrations and other things but in the big scheme of things, we're alive, there are people out there who have lost loved ones, lost their jobs and some could end up losing their homes, so yes let's focus on making the most of what we've got.  I haven't had a holiday in 7 years, but I'm grateful for being able to take care of my mom in that time, I'm thankful that she hasn't  contracted this awful virus.  I'm especially thankful for all the wonderful people in my life, I'm blessed to have people who care and take the time to check on me.  Thankfully this time I've got a Sainsbury's delivery booked, I'm truly grateful for that as it was a month before I could get a delivery when we locked down in March and I wasn't able to leave mom.  I'm thankful that unlike the first 3 months last time, I can still have my sister come in as a carer so I can go for a walk and have a break if I need too.  I'm thankful for the district nurses that are coming in and taking care of my moms leg.  Yep let's focus on the positives and keep our humour as us Brits are well known for. 

Right I'm off to make a mug of tea (always thankful for those), have a shower (how lucky am I to have hot water on tap), get dressed (again lucky to have a wardrobe full of clothes), after my virtual, I'll do my stock take, then I need to think about my plan for the month as I'd had a pile of Win a Mini flyers delivered that I'm no longer going to be able to use in the way I'd hoped, but I'm sure I can work out a way of doing a virtual Win a Mini event, I want all my friends to be in with a chance of winning, it's free to enter so why wouldn't I.  Actually if you're interested in winning a mini, message me!  

Mwah, I'm off, 

luv ya 

Love me xx


No comments: