Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 6 November 2020

Mmm there's a lot to learn about these covid rules!

Friday 6th November 2020
Silence is the best reply to a fool


Friday again, I'm actually wishing this month away, so that's 5 days down, 25 to go, a little longer to come out of the lockdown but that doesn't really affect me as I'm not going anywhere anyway any time soon.  Having said that Elle and I spend half hour yesterday dreaming and talking about the future and what we'd like to do, travelling and such like, it was a lovely escape from every day life.  I like the idea of making plans, even if they can't be put in place, just start writing what I'd like to do and where I'd like to go.  I have said in the past I like the idea of travelling around the country visiting places that are famous for some of the foods I find delicious, so going to Manchester to buy a Manchester tart, they are my favourite, or visiting some small cafe in Wales that makes their own Welsh cakes, another piece of deliciousness.  Yeah I like that idea, just disapearing for a bit on my own for an adventure.  Obviously that's not going to be next week, I've still got to take care of mom, but we're talking dreams and plans and they're what's going to help get us all through these covid times. 

I'm hoping moms legs looks a little better today when the district nurse comes, she really is a poorly lady, it's so unfair but at least she's managing to sleep a bit, shes asleep next to me.  I'm going to try and make her a second pair of crochet slippers today, I've found a really simple pattern so will get doing that this morning.  

Well I'm not gonna lie, I'm missing going for a walk with Alfie, even if he doesn't always take me very far, it's a little bit of respite from my day, a bit of fresh air and some days I moan at taking him, but I can't until next Saturday I am really missing it, mmmmm I've just been on the government website again and checked what is actually meant by close contact because I was in the same room with this person, but they were only within 2 meters for a matter of minutes at most the rest of the time, they were a good 3-4 meters way, this is what it says;

What is meant by a ‘contact’

A ‘contact’ is a person who has been close to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 anytime from 2 days before the person was symptomatic up to 10 days from onset of symptoms (this is when they are infectious to others). For example, a contact can be:

  • people who spend significant time in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
  • sexual partners
  • a person who has had face-to-face contact (within one metre), with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, including:
    • being coughed on
    • having a face-to-face conversation within one metre
    • having skin-to-skin physical contact, or
    • contact within one metre for one minute or longer without face-to-face contact
  • a person who has been within 2 metres of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes
  • a person who has travelled in a small vehicle with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or in a large vehicle or plane near someone who has tested positive for COVID-19

Where an interaction between 2 people has taken place through a Perspex (or equivalent) screen, this would not be considered sufficient contact, provided that there has been no other contact such as any of those indicated above.

Contacts of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 need to self-isolate at home because they are at risk of developing symptoms themselves in the next 14 days and could spread the virus to others before the symptoms begin

If you are a contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, then you will be notified by the NHS Test and Trace service via text message, email or phone. If you are notified, please follow the guidance in this document closely.

If you have not been notified that you are a contact, this means you do not need to self-isolate and should follow the general guidance, for example, social distancing, hand-washing, and covering coughs and sneezes.

This guidance does not include health care workers and others working in health and social care settings, who should follow separate guidance.


Looking at all that and considering I'd only walk the dog, I'm not so sure!  What do you reckon?  

Anyway, I'm gonna go put the kettle on and make me some eggs, I've also put the ingredients to make a Manchester tart in my shopping basket for next week lol, you can't buy them in many places actually made. 

Here's to a good day, love Fridays I do, don't you? 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

No comments: