Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 April 2020

This is starting to feel like my new norm.

Thursday 2nd April 2020
When it rains, look for rainbows, when it's dark, look for stars.
I can't remember if I posted the April's Tracking calendar yesterday, so here it is just in case;


I had a good day yesterday, so did mom apart from the witching hour which is unfortunately made worse by the fact I have to go and do a virtual workshop around the same time.  I bought her out of it quicker this time, Alfie's not helping because he doesn't want to stay in the room with her, he wants to follow me upstairs - yay, happy days.  But in these crazy times, I'm grateful for having her with me, I know so many are struggling having elderly parents that they can't be with at this time.

I did my domestic goddess impression yesterday morning and cleaned the kitchen, then ..... wait for it ..... tidied my office!  It's never going to be spotless, but it's an office, the bookshelf is a working structure, the books aren't all tidily placed, there's things on my desk I use regularly I want within my reach but I can see the ask and that in itself is progress!

I celebrated by eating a delicious plate of food, only had a double yolker too (thanks Dave) used the last of the bread from the loaf, it was past it's best so did a dry fried toastie, my new favourite way to eat bread actually, there's a slice of ham and a bit of protein cheese in there nom nom.


I bumped into my sister whilst out on my daily walk and she was off to the Co-op, we stood at our 2m distance and discussed what had happened with mom the night before and what could happen if she caught this disease.  As we talked about how people are dying in hospital without their loved ones by their side, my sister said how mom wouldn't understand this at all if the worst was to happen and we both stood at our distance and cried together.  I haven't given myself permission before now to have these thoughts, I'm not that kind of thinker but this is happening around the world on a daily basis and it's just beyond sad.  So if you're reading this, you've obviously woke up today, let's make the most of that, let's start the day with gratitude, for starters we're alive! 

Another thing I was grateful for yesterday, yes let's get the not so serious back in the conversation, was this chip butty because my sister was off to get essentials and she dropped off a loaf and my favourite Co-op chips, so this was my dinner and it was epic. You can't beat a chip butty especially on that only costs 10SP and reminds me of Maccy D chips!


It was good to catch up with some of my members on my virtual, I even had a visitor from Chester, see I'm getting to meet people I would never have met in the past, I'm loving it.   Looking forward to today's 8.30 and 5.30 virtual workshops, if you're joining me the links in the pinned post at the top of the Walsall & Dudley Connect group on the WW app.

Ooo what to eat today, that's all I've got to plan really isn't it at them moment, I've got some Pan fried gnocchi that needs eating by tomorrow so I think I'll enjoy that, have it with some peppers, maybe a little blue cheese, mmm ooo and mushrooms, I might even defrost some sausages, start working my way through that freezer stuff.   I've got frozen butternut squash, may try roasting a little see how it turns out, I can always make soup with it if it's not so great roasted.

I've woke up hungry actually, I thought my eating was under control, last week and the week before I was only eating when I was hungry which wasn't very often, but yesterday was a whole different subject, I wanted more and more food, and now my belly is rumbling, so stodgy, comfort food will hopefully do the job today.  I'll have eggs for breakfast, get some protein in me, that'll help too.

Right I'm actually going to do that now, I don't care that it's 6am!  I'm hungry.

Here's to a day full of gratitude, being patient with our loved ones, thinking of others whilst taking care of ourselves, bit of a tall order all that! Let's just do our best shall we?

Luv ya, mwah

Love me xx


No comments: