Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Midweek already!

Wednesday 29th April 2020
The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.  


Well this rains going nowhere is it!  Alfie refused to walk yesterday but somehow despite not leaving the house, I managed to get 5k steps on my fit bit, I also did my yoga which helped a little.  I've done half hour of it again this morning but we were late waking (before 6 still!) so Alfie joined me and mom was up by then.  She's quite confused at the moment, her dreams are becoming her reality, she actually didn't believe me yesterday and went looking for her sister in the other rooms.  Alfie was a little sod yesterday too, but I think that was partially due to him refusing to walk and being a greedy little sod who ate all his treats and wanted more!  Still a good day but some of our days standards ;) 

Yoga, mindfulness and crochet is what's helping to keep me calm, occupied and relaxed during this strange times.  With how miserable the weather was yesterday, I decided to brighten it up but starting on these flowers.  


I'm going to use cotton I have and make them in rainbow colours, it's a shawl from a crochet magazine I have and this is what it will look like but I'm using cotton I have in my stash, I wanted something to make me smile and use some of the yarn I already have, can't buy more till I've used what I have.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wrapped-in-colour



This was the only treat I had delivered with my shopping this week, it was only £1 and 25SP, I hadn't realised it was a frozen pizza which is why I ate it yesterday because I couldn't fit it in my freezer!  Another reason I haven't bought much this week, I'm going to use some of the frozen meals in the freezer from when I've cooked and frozen the other portions.  

The workshop yesterday was really busy and really good too, loved that they'd all done their best to focus on the things we'd discussed last week, and all ready to work on their stress eating and trying to prevent the stress in the first place (easier said than done we know). 

Gratitude is great for lowering stress levels you know, you can do it anytime, night time seems to suit a lot of people though, spending a few minutes thinking about what you're grateful for.  Try it, this week use Dr Rangan Chatterjees idea, he suggests practicing the three Ps, 

Think of a PERSON you feel grateful towards that day, then do the same toward a PLEASURE you've experienced during the day, so for me yesterday that would've been my crochet flowers or my first mug of tea of the day.  The person would have been Vicky for standing in the rain on my drive when she fetched her shopping and having a couple of minutes chatting with my mom who was stood half way down the hall.  Then finally think about something that popped up in the day that help some PROMISE for the future.  Now this one right now isn't as easy as he suggests but it could be making plans for when lockdown ends, or something you're going to buy in the future.  Focus on feeling gratitude towards all these things, better still get a notepad and write them in it daily. 

On that note, I promise to cook a healthy lunch and make tonights Virtual workshop at 5.30 as good as I can, I look forward to catching up with members and staying in touch.  

Now more than ever we need to focus on taking care of ourselves xx

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x



No comments: