Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 12 April 2020

Happy Eater, I mean Easter ;)

Sunday 12th April 2020
An optimist is the human personification of spring
Well I braved the local Co-op yesterday to get mom an egg and some bread, she loved it!  Unfortunately I don't think it's helped my 'diet' lol, I stood on my scales hoping for an Easter miracle but it didn't happen, official weigh-in tomorrow, I can hope for a maintain.  But look at her face, that smile is worth whatever those scales say, I don't know how many more Easters we'll share together, and I've never really celebrated it, nor am I religious but when mom asked where her eggs were, well that's good enough for me! 


Then the very lovely Kelly brought round half of a white chocolate egg with cheesecake in it, well those two things are deadly for me, I inhaled it then promptly felt sick!  I like sweet stuff but it doesn't like me, it makes me feel really sick, really quickly.

The biggest decision I need to make today, is what to do with this lovely bag of wool that a very lovely lady left on my doorstep; 


I'm thinking a blanket of some sort obviously and then it can be raffled to raise funds for charity.  I have a few ideas but I can't decide, I don't want anything I have to think about, I like meditative patterns, ones that become automatic but that the finished product looks stunning - don't want much do I lol.

I got me a fresh chicken and some Yorkshire puddings yesterday morning too so we're having a chicken dinner today, is it sad that I'm excited to have a cooked dinner, it'll be missing roast carrots but I have cauliflower, courgette, onion and tinned peas or beans so a change is as good as a rest they say.

But the best part of yesterday was my morning workshop, seeing one of my member achieve her goal weight, I was so thrilled for her, 85lb (yeah just over 6 stone) lost since last May, just incredible dedication, Rachel looks the structure that MyWW gives her and she's really embraced everything about the plan.

Obviously I couldn't hand her this in person but sending photos was the next best thing!

Sitting in my office yesterday morning, trying to see all those members (over 80 of them) when they were spread over 4 screens made me miss them so much.  Especially as I know so much about what's going on in their lives just now and I can't make everything better, no one can.  I wanted to give them all a cuddle, even the members I didn't know!  Now's the time for all of us to stay strong and stay home.  I was disappointed to see a flat in my street having people round last night that don't live there, completely disregarding others, that sad.  But I can't control anyone else's behaviour only my own, I can support my members to the best of my ability and be here to listen if they need me.

I'd like to say a huge well done to anyone who's surviving lockdown, Easter and staying on track, you should be amazing proud of yourself and also a massive well done to anyone who's trying to hold on tight by their fingernails, at least you're trying!  To anyone who's decided to think sod it this weekend, give yourself a break, enjoy it and remember when you're ready, you've got this, you've done it before, you'll do it again.  We're human, we're not expected to be perfect!

At the moment, food is one of the things we all have to look forward to so it's going to be difficult to keep it together, but try to keep reminding yourself of your WHY, the reason you're trying to take care of yourself, now more than ever it's important to be as healthy as we can. xx

And if you have the WW app and you need a reason to use it, by tracking every meal time, your weight and activity you earn wins and you could donate those wins to WW Good and The Trussell Trust Food Banks, that's what I'm going to do, I'm 320 wins away, I'll soon earn them!
Right let's go enjoy Easter Sunday, moms always better in the mornings so I'll go walk Alfie, then spend time with her, I'm thinking chocolate egg for breakfast!

Mwah, luv ya


Love me xx

No comments: