Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 23 April 2020

Day 4 - I feel 100% better than I did a week ago

Thursday 23rd April 2020
Be a rainbow in somebody else's cloud.


I'm sat at my desk watching a squirrel make his way across the road, they're doing well so far this year, no traffic zooming in and out of the street!  It is nice to see nature thriving for sure. 

I've just done my yoga and meditation, still doing the same yoga workout, doing it for a week before moving on, simple 20 minutes, but I did a different meditation, it's setting me up for the day it really is, even if my alarm going off at 5am made me jump!  

Another day all tracked in my journal and on my app, yeah I'm doing both but it's helping so that's all good.  I also earned 12 FitPoints and was just shy of my 10k steps, but I also clocked up 68 active minutes which is bloody awesome considering I have to be with mom almost constantly!  Finished on  34SP, enjoyed me a little wine last night, sipped not slugged, enjoyed for the taste rather than drunk to calm my stress, that's the difference between tasting good and being enjoyed and just been drunk for the side effects, I don't like drinking when it's in the latter way.  

Foodwise, I had planned eggs, but I didn't get to my breakfast till 10 and then I'd been looking for ideas to use up the white cabbage and found a recipe, but I hadn't got all the ingredients, so I improvised and added a bit of my own because there wasn't quite enough flavour.  

I didn't have coriander powder, but I had seeds and fresh, so I warmed the seeds in a pan then ground them myself, but trust me having powder is a hell of a lot easier, especially when you drop the pestle on the floor and it smashes into pieces - doh!  Anyway this is what I made and it was delicious.   You could add chilli or other spices you like to warm it up or tweak the flavour. 


Indian-ish Cabbage 8SP total

1 whole white cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (8SP)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 heaped teaspoon inch frozen ginger
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
3/4 cup frozen or fresh green geas
Chopped fresh coriander (if you have it) 
1 teaspoon garam masalaSalt to taste

Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and ginger. 
Stir and fry for a minute, then add cabbage, paprika, coriander powder and salt.
Mix well, and add about 100ml water.
Cover the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes till the cabbage is tender.
Add in the peas and cook for another few minutes.  Stir in the garam masala, then the coriander and serve straight away.

I had mine with a WW mini naan (they're lovely, glad I bought a couple of packets), it was delicious, it'd make a great side on a fakeaway curry night, I can happily eat it as it is though, it was delicious.  I've got the rest sitting in the fridge ready for consumption.  I think my Harj & Suman would be a little impressed anyways. 

I didn't eat again until teatime and I enjoyed this, although I could've done without the steak if I'm honest, I'd had it a few weeks, so it was bored when I was in sod it mode.  Alfie was grateful.  Those roast potato chunks were amazing, I've got Sainsbury's Vivaldi spuds and they are amazing, I just sprayed them with spray light and sprinkled with a little salt, nom nom.  I even pointed the ketchup I added to the plate - go me!


Now I'm ready for day 4, I will have eggs today, ooo I might have egg and beans, mmm maybe.  I think I'll get some salmon out of the freezer too, ready to have a meal with today or tomorrow, I need to start enjoying more zero heroes, a nice salad possibly, some hard boiled eggs, wafer thin chicken.  If I want to enjoy some wine this weekend, I'm going to have to save points somewhere! 

Looking forward to another virtual this morning 8.30 (wellness check-in from 8), last nights 5.30 on was really good again, they finally feel like regular workshops, I love them this week, we're all hitting the refresh button, even those who thought their buttons were broken! 

Before you go, just start to lift the corners of your mouth up, and smile, even if it's a fake smile!Now allow your smile to grow a little bigger, doesn't that feel good, even if you weren't ready to smile a minute ago, you're smiling now and it's turned into a real one hasn't it!

I've just finished my water, so I'm going to go get some more, because having a glass of water first thing is one thing I do when I'm on track that helps me stay on track, it adjusts my mindset into one of taking care of myself.  What are the things you do when you're on track, that keep you there?  I'll leave you to think about that.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: