Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Still 100% tracking, over my points but hey!

Wednesday 8th April 2020 
Be a voice not an echo!


Another day 100% tracked honestly, I even tracked the 4 Pringles (yeah I only had 4!) and the handful of moms Cheerios, I've tracked the lot, I of course wasn't as good as I'd been the day before, you can't just suddenly become a golden WWer if you like food as much as I do and also in this situation we're in right now, doing the best we can is all that matters.  I feel so much better in myself, less stressed over my job (thanks to my manager and colleagues), more able to handle mom and her mood swings without having any respite from the situation.  Yeah I'm not going to beat myself up over a glass or two of wine and 4 Pringles.  Look how healthy my meals were; 


 Delicious scrambled eggs and plum tomatoes (thanks to my sister managing to get me them fresh.)

 Knowing I had a high pointed dinner, I had this tuna salad, desperately trying to keep my points down, let's just say it was food lol. 

This set me back 25SP,  I added peas to the rice, but I prefer just the chicken without the rice, it's not the best rice and I could have cauliflower rice.  I reckon I could make my own just as good, it may not be the same crispy chicken but I can live without that side, it's the sauce that's delicious. 



Anyway, this was my final, extremely 100% honest tracker from yesterday, I managed over 7,000 steps too which wasn't bad to say I spent a lot of time on my backside, either on virtual workshops or watching the tv with mom, we're watching Grey's Anatomy from the beginning and she's enjoying it, that's not always easy to find something to engage her these days.  

Now I still have a M&S chicken tikka masala to eat today which again is high on the old points, but I'm eating it because it's delicious and will make me smile a lot!  It's 21SP, you never know I might get mom to have some of it, but I doubt it and I'd be lying if I said I wanted her to!  I'm hoping my sister gets her hands on a cauliflower this morning for me so I can make cauliflower rice to balance it out.  I'll try and be better the rest of my meals again, loved my breakfast yesterday morning but not going to lie, I did miss having some bread with it, so maybe I'll allow those 3SP, actually maybe if I allow a few extra points at breakfast, I won't be so peckish and tempted later one to pick at moms junk. 

I've signed up for a free course with Yale, started it this morning, if you're starting to get bored, why not sign up too and follow along with me. I think it could really benefit folks right now. 

https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-science-of-well-being

Already she's talked about the G.I. Joe fallacy, which is so true, it's thinking that 'knowing is half the battle' and I'm proof that this really is not enough to change how you actually think about something and how you actually behave.  You've only got to look at my weight and my food/drink intake and how much exercise I do, I know what I'm supposed to do and how I'm supposed to behave, but I don't always do that because I'm a human being with feelings, emotions and moods that affect my behaviour.  I think I'm going to enjoy this course an awful lot.    If you're not quite up to a course, she also does a podcast called The Happiness Lab with Dr. Laurie Santos, I plan to start listening to some of them whilst out walking with Alfie or whilst doing the washing up.  She's done some Coronavirus bonus ones, so definitely worth checking out. 

Just checked on my WW online shop and it says Processing ERP so I don't think it'll arrive today, boo lol, hopefully it'll be here for Friday and I can check out some recipes in the new meal for one cookbook.  I did go through my food cupboard yesterday and point up everything in there, now got enough meal ideas for the rest of the week, plus there's stuff in the freezer.  I do miss having a drawer full of fresh veg though I'm not going to lie.  I miss being able to book next day online food delivery, is it sad that this is one of the things I miss most about this lockdown lol, it should be loved ones and friends I know ;) but at least I can talk to them on the phone, online and via zoom calls. 

The only letter I've had this week is a Vehicle tax reminder - yay, actually nows a really good time to write letters, how lovely would it be for people to receive them through the post, or make a call to someone you haven't spoken to for ages.   I'm not great on the phone, plus it annoys mom, that's why I love social media and the messenger, I can type from my computer quickly, it's why I do this blog because it's just me and a screen and my thoughts and if people read it and get something from it great, if no one reads it, I've still had a conversation with myself and it's helped me.

Right on that note, I'm off to start my day, I'm feeling a big breakfast I'm not going to lie, I fancy eggs, tomatoes, beans, bread, mushrooms if my sister can get her hands on any.  Ooo I could make a lentil bake, not had one of those for a bit, actually I can't do the sweet potato one because I don't have the ingredients, there is this one that would use that butternut squash in the freezer, you could switch up the veggies and use what you have; 

Zero (on blue or purple) lentil bake 


Spray light
1 large onion (finely chopped)
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
 2 medium carrots (finely chopped)
1 tbsp curry powder
175g red split lentils
 580ml vegetable stock (I used 2 cubes
240g butternut squash (cut into approx. 1 cm cubes)  
100g frozen peas
3 eggs (lightly beaten)

  1. Pre heat oven to 180C/350F/Gas4
  2. Spray light a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots then reduce the heat to low and cook for approx. 10 mins (until softened) add a splash of water if needed to stop it sticking and don't be afraid to add a few more sprays of spray light. 
  3. Meanwhile, put the butternut squash cubes on a baking tray and spray light them, then pop in oven for about 15 minutes, keep your eye on them, you want them cooked but firm. 
  4. Add the curry powder to the frying pan and cook for a further minute
  5. Add the lentils & stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until cooked, soft and stock absorbed (approx. 20 mins)
  6. Once lentils are cooked, allow to cool slightly and then add the butternut squash, egg and peas. Stir until combined.
  7. Place the mixture in a greased, ovenproof dish (roughly 10" x 7.5")
  8. Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins or until set and golden, timings will vary with ovens.
  9. Slice and serve.

I am really off now, catch ya tomorrow, I'm also a co-host on two workshops tomorrow, 8.30 & 10.30, links in both the Wolverhampton / Dudley & Walsall groups, it'll be great to see some of you in there, the Host Coach will let me chat I'm sure, erm she'd have a job stopping me to be fair wouldn't she ;) the one I hosted yesterday went well, I loved that my co-hosts were keeping their eye on the chat function and interjecting where necessary with those comments and their own.  We made a good team and as one of them said, all WW coaches are trained to the same standards, we're just a bit like Walkers crisps, we come in different flavours.  

If you are struggling to get onto the calls for any reason, please, please let your coach or me know even if I'm not your coach, it's frustrating for sure, I'm going to help a gold member work it out today, she's not one of my members but she's a WW member and that's all that matters!

I'm going lol, take care of you and focus on what you can do to make it a great day,  

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx 

No comments: