Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 26 January 2019

You in control?

Saturday 26th January 2019
Today do not stress over the things you cannot control.

Well that's been one of the longest weeks of my life I have to say, well it's felt like it anyways.  Woke up to see a photo on my phone of my brother sitting in his own chair at home so that's a great start to the weekend.

So many things have been outside our control in the Longsden family this week and as much as I've tried to control my appetite, I've failed so I'm ready to sort that out.  I'm tempted to use today as my birthday because it was a rubbish one last Saturday, might get a pizza to share with mom, not a huge one, or I may make one myself, we'll see.

But talking about control, let's things about some of the things we can control -
your beliefs, attitude, thoughts, perspective, behaviour.

You're in control of who your friends are - choose wisely because they make a massive difference to your world, I have the best I really do.

You're in control of what you eat and whether you exercise - this will make a difference to how you feel, I've noticed this week I don't have the energy I've started the year with.  I've hurt more physically this week too.

You have control over how kind you are to others and of course yourself, remember to say I love you, thank you, express those feelings - you can control them too!  Practice gratitude, patience, smile lots you are the one person who can do that.

Take control, put effort into the things you do, focus on the future not the past, don't worry about what might happen, handle what is happening.

Appreciate the things you have, let's work on taking control of the things that are important to us, I know I need to again, "my sod it syndrome' has really kicked in at times.  So no, I won't be having a pizza today, I have a fridge full of food I will be consuming - obviously not all of it in a day!  I think I might make a roast chicken dinner, that way we all get fed including Alfie, if mom doesn't want a dinner, I can make her a sandwich.  Yeah I'm back to it today, damage limitation, practice what I preach.

Yesterday was a very, lazy day with mom, we spent the afternoon watch old movies, Pretty in Pink and Pretty Woman.  Then she needed some criminal minds and CSI murder rubbish because I finally got to get an early night, I needed sleep, to be honest I would've got at 7 if I could've but it wasn't worth the fight with mom.

So here's to surviving the weekend food wise, mom wise and life wise,

Have a great one.

No comments: