Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 12 January 2019

I wasn't prepared was I!

Saturday 12th January 2018
3 months from now - you will thank yourself


Up, showered and dressed before 5am this morning, today won't beat me like yesterday tried to!  I've got my supermarket shop being delivered between 5 & 6.30 and I'll have food once again.  When I came to make my brunch yesterday which was half twelve, I'd ate a slice of chicken to tide me over all morning, I had no eggs, no tomatoes, no mushrooms and the home made beans were far too sweet for me, so I couldn't make a cooked breakfast with just chicken sausages and bread, I had a sarnie, boring hell!  

I did stand there and make my stew though, but because it was already afternoon that meant it wouldn't be ready for a good 4 or 5 hours or more, it'll be epic today because it was good last night.  

For the lady who asked how do I get it so thick, this is what I do, 


potatoes, carrots and onions, yesterday I used 800g potato (19SP) because that was how many I had left, 3 or 4 onions and probably 3 carrots when you added up all the little bits - using up what I have in the kitchen.  I added a 600g bag of stewing beef (11SP) and 5 or 6 beef oxo cubes dissolved in enough boiling water to almost but not quite cover the contents of the pan.  The secret is to cube your spuds, don't make them too big chunks, then patience.  bring to the boil and cook on as low as you can for as long as you can, keep popping back into the kitchen now and again and give it a stir when it looks like this;
then you will have the tastiest beef stew nom nom, that's what I'm eating today.  It tastes even better the day after if that's even possible. 

Now yesterday tried to sway me, but I wasn't having any of it.  My day probably didn't go as I'd have liked it too, I ended on 43SP but I had the weeklies to cover the wine and bread, that's the first time I've eaten a lot of bread this year, it was involved in every meal. 

I was just busy and unprepared yesterday, what would normally take an hour max in my office took 3 or 4 hours and I'm still not done, but it'll have to wait till Monday because I need to recharge my batteries.  I only got 6,577 steps on my Fitbit, partly down to time, partly to effort, I was pooped after such a busy week.  The highlight of my day was my massage, that chilled me out for sure, so we'll blame her for me not getting any more steps afterwards ;) 

My hormones are trying to distract me from my goal too, but they won't, I'm not having any of it.  I'm on track and I'm staying on track, even if the scales don't agree with the hard work I'm putting in at any point, I will continue to stay focussed on eating healthy.  

I've resisted every biscuit moms offered me since New Years day and that's a lot of biscuits.  There's 3 multipacks of Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps I'm ignoring too. I did succumb to an Irish coffee last night but it was tracked and thoroughly enjoyed.  

We were in bed by 8, I could tell moms mood was shifting, her attention fading so I suggested an early night, I slept too, woke up just after 4am.

Right today, I'm thinking stew, obviously, as my main meal but I might freeze a few portions and have something like a big salad for tea, trying to remember what I've got coming in my shop.  Ooo sweetcorn, yeah I want some of that today.  Might have trout with it, treated myself to some frozen, that'll be tasty, hopefully it will come earlier rather than later and deliver my eggs so I can make me breakfast. 

Here's to surviving the weekend, the fight is real :) 

Here's to a very, great day for all of us.

Let's do this BeYOUtiful!  

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""
I'll be here this morning if you want to come join me and share in the success.  If you're already my member, share that link on your app with your friends, share the love!  


No comments: