Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 10 January 2019

Anyone got a spare hour I can have this morning!

Thursday 10th January 2019
I want to see what happens if I don't quit.


My poor mom had a tough day yesterday, I do hope she's feeling a bit better today, I didn't let it affect me and my eating though.  I spent the morning catching up on paperwork after a delicious breakfast of prosciutto wrapped asparagus, egg, mushrooms and red pepper which was delicious and worth the 4SP. 


Then I spend half hour or so giving the kitchen a good clean and decided to celebrate me being on You've Been Framed this Saturday by doing a Facebook live cooking demo in my members group, we made the one pot curry-spiced rice fro 8SP a portion, recipe in February's WW magazine.  


Whilst I was waiting for that to cook to pass the time, I threw together this;
12% beef mince, would've rather used 5% but it was all I had in the freezer bought on a whoopsie and I'm skint so using what I have in freezer.  Anyway I added to it red onion, mushrooms, red pepper, little plum tomatoes and a sachet or two of WW Balsamic dressing which is thicker than the vinegar you can buy and had it with a 5SP pitta, gherkins and lettuce, that was my lunch. 

I then got ready for work, loaded the car and had a couple of hours left to spend with mom, we watched a film with Glen Campbell in it, I thought it was just following him touring one last time, I hadn't realised it was also following his journey into Alzheimers, he was diagnosed at the beginning of the film and I won't like it made for uncomfortable watching with mom, knowing we were both thinking the same things.  Still an excellent watch though and she did the listening to him sing and watching him just brush off the illness as best he could. 

My lovely Harjit bought my tea for me, I do want to learn to cook Indian food like this, I will continue to try and for those who think they can, I'll post the recipe for Harj's curry base below again. Let me know if you master it!  



Harjit’s Chicken Curry Serves around 6-7.

3 teaspoons Olive Oil (5SP)

4 Onions, chopped

1-2 teaspoons Salt 

3 blocks frozen Garlic, (Asda sell already frozen blocks),

2 blocks Ginger 

 3 Green Chilli, (add more if you like it spicy, less if you don’t like heat)

2 teaspoons Jeera (Cumin Seeds), 

1 ½ teaspoons Haldi (Turmeric), 

½ large can Tomatoes (Blended) or ¼ carton passata, 

500g chicken breast 

1 teaspoon Garam Masala, Fresh Coriander (Optional)

1. Heat oil in saucepan and add chopped onions & salt.
2. After 5-10 mins add garlic, ginger, chilli & jeera (cumin seeds)
3. Cook for around 20 mins if onions start sticking to the pan add water.
4. Once onions are browned and softened add 1-2 teaspoons of Haldi (Turmeric), cook for around 10 mins until the colouring separates from the onions.
5. Once the above has cooked add half a tin of tomatoes and cook for around 5-10 mins.
6. When tomatoes have blended in with the onions add chicken, cook chicken for about 10 mins and then add boiled water and simmer until water has thickened and chicken is tender.
7. Once chicken has cooked add garam masala and stir and garnish with fresh coriander.
8. Serve 

 

Such a busy night followed at my workshops, now to try and get all the paperwork done before I leave at 7.30!  That ain't gonna happen I don't think, too many new members to add.  Oh well, it's all good.  

My journal's looking good for yesterday, 22SP used, 1 rollover, 81 active minutes, 14,545 steps earned me 9SP and a 30m walk earned me an additional 7SP (I do love the basic walking routine on the WW app, Jaimee is motivating me through).

Here's to an even busier day, epic fail - NOTHING planned to eat, okay what shall I get ready, I'll have eggs for breakfast no issue there, I have chicken that'll do, I'll have it with veggie and maybe stuffed with a little blue cheese, nom nom.  That's a quick meal.  Ooo or the WW teriyaki sauce is back in stock I could have it with that.  I don't need to have anything planned as long as there's healthy food to eat.  I will make my tea before I go out tonight though because Thursday around 8pm is when I go into meh whatever mode, not this week, I want to see what happens if I don't give in! 

Here's to a very, great day for all of us.

Let's do this BeYOUtiful!  

'------'

(O,O)
/)__)
   ""
I'll be here later if you want to come join me and share in the success.

No comments: