Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 14 January 2019

Just another manic Monday

Monday, 14th January 2019
#Monslay I'm alive, motivated, determined and ready to slay the day.


My Alfie is nine today and he's still the same nightmare he was when we had him!


He was full of energy yesterday, took me for a hour long walk, we both really enjoyed it, I let him walk up a cul-de-sac knowing we'd have to turn round and he spent a good ten minutes just sniffing but it was all good because I was walking on the spot and earning FitPoints, 14 to be exact for a 67 minutes walk, I also earned another 3 for the 9640 steps I did throughout the day, WOW, if only we both had the time, energy and desire to do that kind of walk every day, all would be good in the world.

Food wise, I had a bowl of stew for my breakfast about tennish, not the norm I know but who cares, then I did a cooking demo in my group for the Butternut squash dhal recipe which is on this weeks Weekly handout in the workshop, so don't forget to pick your copy up.  3SP a portion, I think the same or similar recipe is also in the WW Comfort cook book, still one of the best books they've produced. 

I didn't have this for my dinner though, instead we had fish fingers because mom fancied them and also we'd talked about crusty bread in one of my workshops and when I spotted this tiger bread I couldn't resist.  The fishfingers were  also part of a £5 meal deal in the Co-oop so I couldn't resist and I think mom will hopefully eat the chicken that was in the deal because it's easier to eat being processed, more appealing to her.

Anyway the tiger bread weighed 16SP as crusty white bread roll on the scales, but I removed the soft bread from the middle, it's the crusty bits I like, that saved me 6SP which covered the 4 fishfingers.  I've made my own in the past which would save even more points as you only have to count the breadcrumbs as the fish is a zero hero.


Homemade Fish Fingers  Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins 

Feeds 3, 3SP per serving

85g white breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread (5sp)  
zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp olive oil (4sp)
400g skinless white fish, sliced into 12 strips 

Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pour the beaten egg into a shallow dish. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Mix the lemon zest into the breadcrumbs along with the oregano and some salt and pepper.


Brush a non-stick baking sheet with half the oil. Dip the fish strips into the egg, then roll them in the breadcrumbs. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 20 mins until golden.

I'd be tempted to try this with fry light and an oven liner and save those Smart Points, it'd also be nice using salmon as the fish, mmmm I do love eating. 

Butternut squash chips are a new winner for zero, just used a bit of fry light, I peel my squash with a potato peeler but to be honest sometimes I don't peel them at all as you can eat the skin and it's full of fibre.

Now I managed to almost have a work free day yesterday, it's impossible in January to be honest and today I've got loads to do so I won't be having my Monday off.  It's all good though, it's keeping me focused on WW which is helping me stay on track.  It's getting that balance that I have to be careful of.  Mom and I watched a couple of Die Hard movies together yesterday, she laughed like a drain through the action scenes in the first one, but the second one was a little complicated so it started to lose her.  If you can think of any easy to follow action films let me know, she does like the violence!  I love a good comedy but think I've seen most of the good ones.

I'm ending my week in minus figures having used all my FitPoints and I think that's going to show on the scales but it's all good because I knew I wouldn't have that full on in the zone perfection I had last week.  I'm still focused and wanting to lose weight, I'm more active than I have been in months and yesterday I managed to fasten up my coat for the first time in a long time, that was my non scale goal - BOOM! 

If I have the butternut squash dhal for one meal today that's only 3SP, I'll have a zero breakfast with eggs, I want to freeze my last bit of stew but not sure I can get it in my freezer, here's to moving stuff about.  I could eat it but 10SP is a lot when I don't have the points, or do I just have it! Nah I don't actually want it, I want those butternut squash chips again, they were good, ooo with minted garden chicken, that was lush too and maybe a seeded flatbread although I could save 3SP if I don't have that!  Lots of salad.  Here's to salvaging the weekends whoops ;) Let's hope Alfie fancies a good birthday walk.

Let's do this BeYOUtiful!  

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""


No workshops for me today, but you can find me at any of these workshops this week and remember by posting the 'share the love' link on your WW app you can get yourself and your friends a free month if they use it to sign up.  If you're just not sure what it's all about this workshop lark and you'd like to check us out, just come and sit in a workshop then decide or 

Try WW FREE for two weeks including two FREE WW Workshops

t's & c's apply

No comments: