Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Prevention is better than cure...



22nd December 2015
Now is a good time!

Do you know what this is;
  • eat a healthy diet
  • maintain a healthy weight
  • exercise regularly
  • don't drink too much alcohol
  • stop smoking (if you smoke)
  • make sure to keep your blood pressure at a healthy level 

Pretty much the advice to help prevent the majority of conditions, including Alzheimer's and vascular dementia.   We were given both as the diagnosis to mom yesterday, so we were told pretty much what we already knew, only we were given a name, so she didn't just get one but two!  She's always been a bit of an hypochondriac my mom, shame on this occasion she isn't chuffed.  So what's the plan?  To continue as we are, we're doing everything we're supposed too, healthy eating, she's quite active for her age, she walks Alfie twice a day, the consultant was really impressed with her to be honest, so that's good. 

Despite it being a busy day with mom getting her hair cut and her tooth replaced we managed to fit in a trip to the Christmas Tree man to get us our first for this house (only took 20 years!), we decided to go small (about 3ft) and it's got its roots on so he can go outside in January and live in a pot (no way he's going in the ground, trees grow too big!)  It looks pretty next to the tele and adds a bit of Christmas spirit to the room - we're still having egg and chips, to be honest, I haven't been to the shop since Saturday and I don't know if I can be bothered to, I'm not fighting crowds for a bit of food, I'd rather make use of what we already have in the fridge/freezer and cupboards, yeah that's a plan.  We can have a cooked dinner next weekend, when everyone's calmed down!

So......
  • eat a healthy diet
  • maintain a healthy weight
  • exercise regularly
  • don't drink too much alcohol
  • stop smoking (if you smoke)
  • make sure to keep your blood pressure at a healthy level

I know it's Christmas week and it's all about overindulging, but the rest of the year are you focusing on these things?  I know exercise for me has gone straight out the window this year, I may be quite active day to day, I average 8k steps a day but I don't do any 'activity' at all.  Which is the one that jumps out at you as something you need to be working on?

I'm also ready to embrace Smart Points, yes it's going to probably have to wait until after Christmas, but I can prepare myself for it, get my meal ideas planned, I'll have some spare time on my week off to think about me and my diet, rather than everyone else.  I'm looking forward to that.

But first, I've got 10 more meetings to do this week, hopefully my members won't be 'giving up' for Christmas, as it's not Christmas Eve yet, let's hope they turn up brave the scales and to wish me a Merry Christmas, it's amazing how easy it is to find an excuse not to find ten minutes to get weighed or an hour for your meeting!  I know it's a crazy time of year but you're worth a little bit of 'YOU' time too BeYOUtiful because after all, we all need a little motivation and inspiration to veer us in the right direction so we do focus on that list that will keep us healthy and happy for many years. Xx

Have a great day BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: