Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 19 December 2015

Maybe you fancy a Smart Point chippy?



19th December 2015

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
 


So I had my chow mein, cured for a good long time, they're not very nice these days, either they've changed or my taste buds have improved dramatically, even Alfie wasn't interested in the chicken!  The portion size had gone up though and I did smile when I put it on the scales and it was 666g, that's proper devil food :)

Give me a roast chicken dinner over that any day of the week from now on, I'm over the takeaway again thankfully!

I'm thinking a roast beef dinner today, going to put the beef in the slow cooker when I've finished blogging, then it'll be done for when I get home.  My brother and his wife are coming back later, so that'll be perfect.  Then any leftover beef, I'm going to make a curry with, nom, nom, love that this can all be done with Smart Points, still a very liveable plan, grounded in pleasure not pressure.

We had a lovely day yesterday, after running a few errands, my sister has the lurgy so I went and did a bit of shopping for her, left it on her doorstep and run off - I don't want those germs!  Then my brother bought his granddaughter and her mom to visit my mom and we took mom and my great niece for cake at the Hollybush, a lovely couple of hours spent with family, such a lovely little girl, who's full of life and giggles.

After seeing how popular my blog was yesterday because of the Chow Mein info, I thought you'd appreciate my take on Chip Shop, now I'm not buying them again just to weigh them on scales, if you want to see an old PP blog with pics see here;
http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/all-things-battered-chipped.html but using this for reference, here's what I've come up with;

I reckon chips still work out at 8sp a handful (if you have big hands, aren't you lucky!) it's 150g if you're weighing them.  It depends where I buy my chips from to how many I get in the bag, I've had anything weighing up to 2.5kg!   A bag weighing a pound in weight would be 25sp.

Battered cod roe = 10sp
Saveloy (65g) = 6sp (last one I had was 119g so that would be 12sp)
Most fish in batter from chip shops round here would be about 15sp, mini fish 10sp


Again using images from an old blog http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/another-fancy-going-to-chippy-for-tea.html this is my take on kebab.

300g roasted breast lamb is 38sp
Pitta bread 100g = 7sp

Then you have to take into account any sauces you may have on it, 2 tablespoons of mayo would be another 7sp!  Chicken kebab is made usually with thigh meat not breast, so bearing in mind the oil they'd add, if we based it on chicken thigh with skin, that would be 300g = 19sp!  So you can work it out from there, 45sp for lamb, 26sp for chicken plus the sauces!
If there's anything you want me to blog about, let me know and if I can I will.  But now I'm off to shower and get myself off to work, my last Saturday meeting of the year, I didn't want to work on a Saturday at the beginning of the year but I have to say I love my Saturday morning meeting, it's such a buzz and sets me up for the weekend!

11 meetings to go until I get a week off - whoop whoop, no matter how much I love my job, I'm so looking forward to spending a week with my mom and chilling out.

Happy Saturday BeYOUtiful, go out there and smile. xx




No comments: