Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 31 December 2015

Here's to 2016 being SMART!



31st December 2015
The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.

So it's the last day of the year and so people tend to look back over their year and reminisce, I like to do that in photos which I've done this morning my year in iphone pics made me smile for an hour this has!

For some reason my old phone doesn't want to back up so I'm going to have to back up the images a few at a time because when I try to do it all at once the pc locks out and I have to reboot - loving technology - NOT!

So having looked back, nows the time to look forward, I'm just listening to a 'life coach' couple on the radio, should've paid more attention, think they've been interesting!  Maybe I'll have a listen on playback later. 

So I've realised looking at my photos, I really do like my easy going, simple life, yes I work really hard and I haven't included many of the photos from work because they have an entire folder of their own, Bevs WW Success Pics and  Bev's WW Smart Success #MyWWJourney, my work gives me loads of satisfaction and then the simplicity and calmness of my home life suits both mom and I, I love my small circle of friend who understand me and my ways, I love my garden (not so much in the winter!) and now I've got my greenhouse I can start enjoying it earlier in the year.  Yes I'm very lucky to have a good life.

Sometimes though I need to get the balance shifted as I do work long hours and forget to spend time doing the things I like to do, even something as simple as spending time doing nothing, to relax and rest.  To take time to sit down and enjoy lunch rather than eat on the go! 

I intend to get back to cooking a nice meal just for the sake of doing so. To spend time in the kitchen enjoying the planning, preparation and the obviously the eating of a delicious dinner rather than rushing to get something on a plate as soon as possible! 

I'd love to start making time to read again, I always seen to end up sitting watching tv instead, so that's something to think about. 
I don't usually do the 'new year's resolutions' thing but I am going to attempt to see cleaning as satisfying rather than a boring necessity!  I did love walking into my nice clean bedroom last night to go to sleep. 

What I have realised over the last few years is I don't need to go anywhere to be satisfied, that I have everything I need right here and so I spend time with people I love, just eating and chatting and giggling.  Or spending time on my own listening to music, sitting in my garden enjoying the view.  Again it's just as important to have me time as it is to spend time with my friends and family.
Yeah this year I'm going to continue to do what I've been doing but tweak it a little, I've been guilty of letting my weight creep up because that work/life/me balance has got a little out of sync, I need to put my personal health as a priority, eating healthy food is great but it also needs to be in the correct portions! 

So here's to a year of being BeYOUtiful and focusing on my healthy and happy to, and to continuing to support others with theirs.
Happy New Year xx

No comments: