Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 29 December 2015

All you need is love...

29th December 2015
Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters.


I watched my BeYOUtiful friend get married yesterday and she really did look breathtaking, the moment I saw her outside looking nervous, waiting to come into the church, I became quite emotional.  Here she was on one of the biggest, most important days of her life and it was a magical ceremony, it really was.

I'm not religious but I have to say the Bible reading really stuck with me.  It talked of the gift of love.

"Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.  It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never ends" 

Love of course isn't just between a man and woman, in our house it's between my mom and I, and as I sat listening to the Reverend explain the reading in her own words (yes a lady!) I reflected on the relationship I have with my mom, how for 45 years, she's loved me unconditionally, nursed me through ill health, of which there was quite a bit when I was younger, she's supported me through everything that I've gone through in my life and all the decisions I've made.  My memories go right back to when I was poorly and we'd sleep downstairs on the settee together, her wiping my tears when I first got my heartbroken (even though she never liked him and knew he was a wrong un, she never tried to sway my feelings) to her supporting me when I decided to walk away from a well paid job because I was no longer happy.  Just a few things she's been there for along the way.

Now it's my turn, I'm returning the love, I'm patient because I know she cannot help that she loses track of what we're talking about and repeats herself.  Or that she can no longer follow complicated story lines on tv, instead of trying to, I'm happy to sit laughing through endless repeats of Friends.   When she repeats herself for the umpteenth time, I don't say "you've already said that", there's no need to, I respond again and recall how many times I must have said, "But why?" when I was a child! 

When she can't work out the tv, the microwave or the new coffee machine, I offer to make her a drink or find her favourite programme, rather than point out she can't do it, then I smile and remember this lady taught me to talk, walk, tie my shoelaces and to use a knife and fork!  Yeah we all need that support as we age, I'm just glad I'm here to be hers, I consider myself blessed that I was given the most incredible mom who became my best friend.  We have so many memories, we've done so many wonderful things together and visited amazing places, we may not be able to do all those things now so instead we'll find our pleasures in the simple things like giggling together, visiting coffee shops and eating cake, not forgetting sitting in our glorious garden. 

If and when it becomes necessary, I will bathe her because she did that for me too, it's called the cycle of life and real love is part of that.

I was blessed with the best and I will take great pleasure and pride in looking after her and ensuring the rest of her life is the best of her life.

So I may not be religious but realised yesterday that a lot can be taken from the Bible readings!

I'm so glad I got to see my friend get married, not just to see the pretty white dress but to see another side of her and to be part of her taking the next step in her life, I hope to be a part of many more precious moments over the years too.

Who are the people in your life that you love?  As the vicar said yesterday, patience is key, it is to all relationships because let's be honest, ain't none of us perfect, we're full of emotions and sometimes they ain't pretty! 

On that note, I'm going to get me a mug of tea, I've been up since stupid o'clock, it's that one day of the month where I don't sleep, my poor mom has a stinking rotten head cold that I'm praying doesn't go onto her chest and so we shall mostly be chilling today, although I have promised to tidy my room :)  

Now normally mom gets a copy of my blog to read, now to decide whether to print it as is, or edit it and remove the bits about her, mmm, decisions, decisions.

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, go tell your loved ones that you love them. Xx  See there is so much more to life than food! 

No comments: