Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 8 December 2015

It's easier to be at peace if you live in a cave I reckon!

8th December 2015
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." Enjoy the journey!

So today's the day I start to share the changes with my members, I'm looking forward it and I think I've remembered everything I need ;) lol famous last words.

Mom and I went posh food shopping yesterday as Waitrose sent us a £25 coupon and we decided to do Christmas shopping a little earlier, we'll have to eat it this week because of the sell by dates but hey who cares!  Christmas is a feeling not a day in my world.  What we are going to do though is all those party nibbles we bought, instead of having them as nibbles, they're going to be a meal, a different one each day this week, that way we won't be breaking our points budget!

After the joy of the supermarket, mom had the dentist - not so much fun but has to be done, so that was our afternoon taken up.

What was sad was when we got home, she couldn't even remember that's we'd been shopping, dementia really does suck!  Anyway, it is what it is and we're enjoying the "in the moment" times because that's all that matters.

There's a saying "Don't cry over the past, it's gone.  Don't stress about the future, it hasn't arrived.  Live in the present and make it beautiful."  That's what we're doing, as Lao Tzu says, "if you are depressed, you are living in the past.  If you are anxious, you are living in the future.  If you are at peace, you are living in the present."  He obviously never had a 3 month old crying and crapping in his lap at 3am, the present isn't always a place of peace, but I do understand and try my best to go with his belief system.  You can't beat a bit of Taoism, I'm not religious at all but you can't beat a bit of philosophy.  It's difficult to explain what it is but I once read if you can explain Taoism, you don't actually get it!  For me it's all about going with the flow, accepting and dealing with what it, as some would say "it is what it is", stop trying to swim up a waterfall, you ain't never gonna be able to - that's how I see it and that's how I go with my life as best I can.

Feeling philosophical this morning can you tell!  Excited for the day though, we excited for the week, I like change, I love a challenge, unfortunately I love food too (nah not unfortunately, it's a passion and a challenge I'm happy to have in my life) so here's to a week of changes, a week of living in the now, of loving life and the people in it.  We're making this a December to remember, it's okay to remember the not so good as well as the good you know, it all moulds us.  It's okay to express all our emotions, not just the happy ones, anyone who's happy all the time in my humble opinion is missing something.

Funny however is trying to do your 20 minutes morning meditation, when you're moms in the bathroom with the squits!  Now that's what life is really all about, not taking things too seriously, I bet Lao Tzu never had that problem in his cave on his mountain ;)

Now what's for breakfast, avocado on toast I think, what you having BeYOUtiful?  Is it healthy?  Are you happy?  Because I've heard happy people make healthier choices!

No comments: