Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 27 November 2023

Let's get Monday done!

Monday 27th November 2023



4am on a Monday morning, welcome to the week!  A chilled weekend all round, well almost, there was the issue of the MOT!  What happened you ask, well Saturday morning before I went to work, we realised his work car was due to be insured by Wednesday and we hadn't realised, of course there aren't many places you can book a mot for the same day especially on a Saturday but I remembered there's a place by Ikea that's a bit like a drive through, we looked it up online and it had a booking available for that afternoon - phew!  It wasn't where we'd choose to go but needs must.  Well what a farce that turned out to be, after dropping it off, going for a walk round B&Q and coming back, we were told that they wouldn't do the MOT because there was a pipe bulging or something and they thought running the test could blow the head gasket! He was like 'what, I've just drive 70 miles down the motorway with no issues at all.  But nope, they said they wouldn't do it till we had it looked at so away we went.  Thankfully his regular mechanic was still there at half three and he took a quick look at it and said there's nothing wrong with it, made a call and managed to get it booked in for an MOT appointment if we drove to the place immediately, which of course we did and by 5pm it had passed, nothing wrong with it at all.  What a bloody nightmare, now I've got to get a refund from the other place but we're relieved it passed.  Makes you wander if they just wanted to finish early cos it was Saturday afternoon and we were the last of the day!

We had a tv day yesterday, enjoyed a couple of films, The Hitman's Bodyguard and The Hitman's Bodyguards Wife, both mad but funny, the kind of stuff we both enjoy - no depth at all :) We then watched The Boat Story on BBC, a 6 parter and very watchable, we couldn't stop watching anyway and binged it before going to bed.

Food wise I cooked a gammon joint on Friday in the slow cooker, as instructed once again by Elle, I wrapped it completely in foil and added a little water to the pot, it was delicious, we had cobs with it and they were delicious, a bit of mustard, cobs were from Aldi, I nipped there Friday just for a few essentials. 

Using up the freezer stuff this week to save a few quid, we've got cauliflower cheese today with leftover ham and himself has took the rest on sandwiches, it was a 3.2kg joint or was it 2.3kg, bought it on offer in Sainsbury's, really good, would definitely have again. 

Yesterday we couldn't decide what to have so I did a mix up from the freezer and it was delicious.  Chinese chicken from FarmFoods, a Goodfellas pizza from the Iceland 8 for £10 offer, and a few other bits.
 

The beauty of a buffet is I don't get a look in with two blokes, so it helps me control my calories. 


Aryn's grown another inch, I marked the door frame just over a month ago and when I did it again this weekend it's another inch higher, he's now 6ft 1/2in, Friday for his tea, he ate this 

A 750g meal meant to serve two, he then followed it up with three of Aldi's version of pop tarts - yeah, he can eat but he's not got an ounce of fat on him.  How jealous am I? :) 

I'm sat on sofa with Coco catching up on I'm a celebrity, I half watch it as I'm doing other thing but I get the gist of what's going on.

I could actually do a duvet day today you know, go back to bed and stay there, it's cold and dark outside, but no frost this morning at least Already this morning one of the cats has been sick, nice start to my day, there's a pile of washing in the kitchen thanks to the giant that lives upstairs, the sink is also full of washing up and I've got a meeting to plan.  A typical Monday morning ain't it! At least I've not got to drink what they're drinking on I'm a celeb, there just isn't enough money in the world to make me do that!

Once I've got everything on my to do list done, I'm going to enjoy Doctor Who later, until then, let's get stuff done.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx


   



No comments: