Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 November 2023

I'm easily pleased!

Thursday 2nd November 2023
What a difference 24 hours can make!  I got home from work after nipping the shops yesterday, walked in the kitchen and Aryn was cleaning the hob and he'd already washed up which was what I was planning on doing.  To say I was pleased doesn't even come close, especially as I hadn't asked him to do it or dropped a hint, he'd even changed his bedding too and told me his room is still tidy from when he did it at the weekend.  

This meant I'd got time to cook us a lovely pork dinner, the pork I'd bought in Sainsbury's on half price offer, so a 1.5kg joint with cracking for just under a fiver - bargain!  I already had all the other ingredients and it was delicious, all done in the air fryer, too less than an hour in all and I've fancied a roast for a couple of weeks now.  We'll still probably have one on Sunday as I want lamb and we have both a leg or chops in freezer from when I had that delivery from Facebook the butchers. 


Oh I love Yorkshire puddings and gravy I do!  Filled me up for the rest of the day it did.

I saw this on Pinterest this morning and it made me smile because it's so true isn't it.


We have leftover pork to use, I know Aryn will have it in wraps, I might make me another dinner with the leftover mash, parsnips and gravy, that's my dinner sorted.  I'm not that hungry this morning yet so will make me a sausage sandwich with the leftover sausages in the fridge, I had the same yesterday and I can take that with me, they were part of a Gousto meals we didn't make, the other packet I'm freezing. 

I'm really looking forward to making some basic meals over the next few weeks, I'm really enjoying this weeks topic, the reminder of all those easy to cook, tasty meals that don't have to cost a fortune but are filling and delicious. 

Yep I need some liver and onions in my life, corned beef hash (although tinned corned beef ain’t so cheap anymore!), Daragh likes a spag bol, I could make that for Saturday with the packets of mince from the Gousto box that we didn’t use either, yeah I think I will.  Spaghetti at 28p a packet is a bargain! 

But for now, I'm gonna go make another cuppa, put a load in the washer, do the washing up from last night and get ready for work. Have a wonderful day!

Mwah, luv ya

Love me 




No comments: