Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 5 November 2023

All snuggled up this morning.

 Sunday 5th November 2023


How cool would that be if it was possible!  Up at 5 this morning, he's had to go to work so I'll have a quiet day chilling on my own today although I have a feeling Aryn and I will have a Walking Dead session because we only have 3 episodes left - woo hoo.  

Sundays are meant for relaxing, recharging, roast dinners, yeah the best plan to have on a Sunday is to have no plan at all.

No roast dinner today as he's not here but we did have our lamb chops yesterday and they were superb, but I have to say the rest of the plate gave them some competition, Aryn straight away said 'these potatoes are really good', so they get a thumbs up £2.19, they say serves 2 and they do only serve two, I pinched a little to taste and gave the majority to the boys.  
I have to say this Aldi garlic bread for 37p is the best I've had in a long time, it actually had garlic butter in it and wasn't all bread and crunchy, yeah I'd defo buy this again. 



I finished the meal off with fine green beans, absolutely delicious.  Now what to make for dinner today! 

I wished I'd defrosted some meat cos I slightly feel like a cooking session, but that feeling could wear off easily :) I want to compare those two tins of stewing steak but I feel like we've overdone the meat the last few days.  I've never made potato dauphinoise and I have a lot of potatoes to use up.  I've just looked at a recipe only need cream and garlic, so heavy on calories but it would be the only main meal I had today.   Could do it with a roast chicken, then there's leftover chicken for sandwiches for school tomorrow.  Might nip over the Co-op when it opens.  We'll see, I'm all very indecisive this morning, no commitment.

This recipe Dauphinoise potatoes recipe - BBC Food would cost £4.45 if you get the ingredients from Aldi, a chicken 1.59kg is £3.89 and some carrots 33p for 500g, you could roast them at the same time, maybe roast some onions too, 95p for 1kg (I already have a bag of these I need to use).  a 700g bag of frozen peas 99p.

A really good filling meal for 4 for £8.31, £2.08 per person and you'll have leftover onions and peas for another day, so under £2 a portion.  Trip to Aldi anyone?  Other supermarkets are available and I strongly believe they're all similar now some have one thing cheaper, no one is the cheapest.  The Which 'cheapest supermarket' is based on a shopping basket of food, if you're not buying that specific food, then it's not really the cheapest.  

That Dauphinoise potato recipe would do two days for us, be nice with beans or spaghetti in tomato sauce I think, or it'd freeze.  I'm hungry now :) OOo 

I'm sat watching The Voice, can see it being a lazy Sunday for sure, it's that time of year isn't it, cosy nights in front of the tv with comforting food.

No housework today, it can all wait till tomorrow, I'll wash up if only so I can get to the cooker :) but that's my lot xx

Whatever you have planned, enjoy xx 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 



No comments: