Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 20 November 2023

5 WEEKS - EEK!

Monday 20th November 2023 


As in true Monday morning style, I'm sat in the living alone, it's quiet and I'm enjoying the peace which the cats are doing their best to disrupt by fighting and chasing each other around.  Unlike most Mondays, I've not had to get up at half four because he went back last night as he'd had to bring the Motorhome back to get the exhaust done, so he didn't want to be driving it at silly o'clock this morning, so I was in bed and asleep by 7 last night - fabulous, up at 5.30am this morning and my Fitbit is saying YAY you had 9h 22m sleep, go me, makes up for the pathetic 5 hours Friday night, I did manage 8 hours Saturday night though so at least I've caught up on the ZZZ's.  

My weekend has mostly consisted of crap tv and baking, I made rock cakes then made them again with wholemeal flour to see if he'd eat them that way because of the fibre content and it was a defo yes, so instead of 1.3g per cake, they have 2.5g which is brilliant and an easy way to start the day, I know having a 'cake' for breakfast isn't probably the best thing to do BUT, there's sugar in so many breakfast cereals and people put butter on their toast, on a positive they have sultanas in so a dried fruit at least and he's eating something which he doesn't usually so one of the and an apple, I'll take that.


I also make wholemeal cheese scones Cheese Scones • Gestational Diabetes UK they have 2g of fibre in them and he said he liked and could eat them too, a win all round.

Pain has been bad this weekend, I've had to resort to painkillers to get through, my back, my leg and my damn hands too, I struggled to get the lid of a carton of milk, I mean really!

Oh yeah Saturday lunchtime we drove over to the McArthur Glen shopping centre in Cannock as there was a couple of things for Christmas I wanted to check out, we didn't even bother, the queue to go in the car parks were ridiculous!  No parking spaces, can you imagine what the shops would've been like.

This recipe is going on my to make list Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken {with Sticky Sauce} (tamingtwins.com) it looks really tasty, easy too which at this time of year is definitely a good thing.

I must start remembering to take things out the freezer that have to be defrosted to cook, get some of it used up.  Gonna go do a meal plan for the week I think, see what's in there.  I know there are potato waffles and Alphabites because I saw them yesterday, convenience food I know but only 94 calories in a waffle and 164 calories in 100g of alphabites, both were on offer in Iceland when I bought them, they are in the 8 for £10 offer, so it's a good offer, they're are Goodfella pizzas (£3), fishfingers (£2) and othr things over £2 in that offer.  I did the online shop didn't I and saved money overall too, I paid £65 for a £95 order, so bonus!

Anyway, it's not food we'd eat all the time but it's a tasty treat to have a bit of processed food and even better when it's cheaper. 

Our members have been so generous this morning donating food and other bits for the Facebook Hands to Help You people who are helping those in need, I consider myself very lucky that I can afford to have a full freezer!

I'm not gonna lie, I get quite emotional when I start to think about how tough some folk are finding life right now, it takes me back to my childhood when mom was skint and it makes me proud that because of how hard I've worked since leaving school, she never had to worry about money again.  We were never rich, but she never had to look at a bill again.

Time to get on with my day, a trip to the gym, not over do it because of my back but stay mobile and active.  I think the recumbent bike is the winner, swimming, I'm not so sure.  I'm trying to work out what caused my flare up this weekend, swimming was one thing I did that I haven't done for a while but so was walking round the shops, maybe a combination of a few things.

Let's have a magic rather than a manic Monday.  I'm gonna get stuff done, take care of me and mine and ignore the fact Christmas day is 5 weeks today!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx


No comments: