Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 16 November 2023

Busy day in huddles for me...

Thursday 16th November 2023



I had pilchards on toast for my breakfast yesterday and they were delicious and they're so good for you. 

 

They say we should eat one portion of oily fish every day and here's some of the benefits of eating pilchards very good for us, I particularly like that they have vitamin D especially at this time of year when we really need it.  



I bought some rice krispies whilst in Farm Foods, just fancied a bowl, not had any for years, so that was my lunch, again they are fortified with vitamin D and iron both of which I need right now.  I think they will be my breakfast today.

I got my ass to the gym and did 45 mins on the recumbent bike and a few weights then I got in the pool for 10 lengths just wanted to get back in the water as I haven't been swimming for ages and I enjoyed it.   Guess who's finally got her Fitbit back!


Room for improvement on the steps but I didn't really move much after I got back from gym, still got Aryn off so spent a bit of time together chatting.  49 active zone minutes is good though, if I can get into a routine of doing that 3 times a week, that'll be great.  I did feel good afterwards, although my knee and hands weren't happy later but meh, I'm 53 my body isn't what it was 30 years ago is it! 

I spent £60 in FarmFoods, got a £5 off though with a coupon so that helped, I've treated us to a leg of lamb £15, it's 2.78kg though, I found the heaviest one in there and broke my bloody nail doing it!  They take months to grow and seconds to break, they'd got to a lovely length too, but 50 years of biting them means I'm not used to being a 'lady' with them, so they don't get treated with enough respect at all, I think I need them cutting down for real life behaviour. 

Got the lads some Pepsi max 24 cans for £6.99, bargain, twix cornettos 4 for 99p, box of 20 walkers crisps for £4, you have to look for the bargains not everything is cheap but there are some for sure.  Legs of lamb are half price in Sainsbury's this week (£6.50 / kg) so you can get one for £13 but one my size would be £18.20 and one slightly bigger £22.75.  

I'm gonna roast the lamb, want to slow roast it though so it'll take a good 5 or 6 hours so it might not be defrosted today as it said to defrost for 24 hours and I didn't buy it till about 1pm yesterday.  I could leave it cooking whilst I go to work tonight I guess but I think I'd rather wait till Friday morning.   Any leftovers can go in a curry using ready made sauce, sorted. 

That doesn't sort today's dinner, Elle's got me a boots festive sandwich for my lunch, so we will see how Aryn is and what he wants, there's plenty in freezer!

On that note I'm off to get ready for work, got an hour.

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx




No comments: