Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 28 September 2023

Yay, it's Thursday!

Thursday 29th September 2023


Well I had a day that had a lot of bread yesterday, thankfully we ran out of bread so I couldn't eat any more!  It started with banana on toast which was delicious and under 300 calories on thick granary bread.  I don't usually eat thick bread but it was free!  lunch was homemade soup with the last slice of that bread spread with a cheese triangle, at least the soup had butternut squash, pepper, carrot and onions in it so that would have helped me get my 5 a day yesterday even though it doesn't show on app as it was a quick add meal.  Dinner we had cottage pie from freezer which was leftover from a previous meal and damn it was delicious, we could've eaten it twice, there just wasn't enough!  The tenderstem broccoli was from Aldi, it's on the super six this week for 79p.  The spring roll was also from Aldi, I'd put a couple on Aryn's plate to try and bulk it up because I knew the meal wasn't going to be enough for him.  We ended up cooking more spring rolls for him and I had another two, they're 103 calories each, they were tasty though 6 for £2, I'll buy more for him to snack on, better than a block of chocolate I guess at least there's a little vegetable inside it!  I ended up having another slice of bread with cheese and chutney on before bed, thankfully I went to bed early so that stopped me eating  I ended on minus 136 calories.  

  

On a positive, I managed 6,663 calories steps, and 61 active zone minutes, the fitbit app says I burned 2,305 calories, I'd prefer to think I burned that amount doing my hour swim (50 lengths - chuffed with that) and doubled it over the rest of the day - how cool would that be!  Just shows you don't burn as many calories and you think being active I only burned 261 calories doing 50 lengths in about 50-55 minutes.  It does do us good in other ways though so it's definitely worth doing!  

Aryn and I spent half hour in the gym lifting a few weights, he's easing himself back in slowly (very slowly!), I'm going to start doing my gym work on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday from next week before I swim then if he wants to go to the gym I'll just hang around looking pretty because I'm not getting done what I want to get done.  My pain management group finishes tomorrow so I'll put myself a workout together, I don't need to spend ages in the gym but on days my body feels good, I'll make the most of it because I can feel the difference in my body and my mind to be fair.  

The combination of exercise and HRT, together with eating well is making me feel really good, the life I have is brilliant and has been for 2 years now but doing these things is changing my hormones which were affecting not just my mind but my body too.  

Anyway that was my day, a fabulous huddle on the morning, straight to the gym to swim, home for an hour, off to the gym with Aryn then home for food and a bit of tele before an early night and another cracking sleep - almost 9 hours!  That's another thing that's improved since the HRT patches were added alongside the exercise, sleep score is now good more often than fair. 

Then there's my cuties, it's coming up to a year since we got them, Coco's my precious, that's him last night, taking over the sofa giving me that 'dare ya' look.  Minnie likes her space, she doesn't do cuddle by, she does do, 'let's have a little play on the coffee table', where she has no clue what to do and almost always falls off!   Oh and she likes eating flowers, thankfully the roses I bought aren't dangerous to her - I've googled it!  Loony cat! 



Just realised I've not thought food for today and it's Thursday, my busy day - bugga.  It needs to be tasty too because I'm hungry, maybe it's the drop in temperature.  I have a lot of eggs, maybe I make omelettes, take Aryn a pasta bake out the freezer.  I'll think about it, go look in freezer.  Oooo cheese and potato pie maybe, I've got potatoes, oh man I love comfort food.  I was so disappointed in the pie we had from Tesco earlier in the week, they just can't make pie!  

Right I need to get ready for work, spending time with people who lift me - we should all do that more often!  Life's too short to be surrounded by mood hoovers xx

Mwah, luv ya

Love me 


No comments: