Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 7 September 2023

Full of hope!

Thursday 7th September 2023


I had a really good day yesterday, after seeing Aryn off to school, I went to work which was a lovely session.  Then I drove to the gym where I amazed myself!  I had to put this post on Facebook later in the day because I am thrilled with my progress.



I couldn't believe what I'd been able to do, 77 minutes in total covering 8.24km, it's just such a relief that I'm improving, I'm not in agony this morning either, I've got muscle ache (Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is the pain and stiffness felt in muscles after unaccustomed or strenuous exercise) but I'll take that, I actually like that pain because it's telling me I've been able to do a workout and I'm getting there.  
 
I've wrote down the machine calories earned but I've just realised that's just a guestimate because the machine doesn't know my weight, height, sex or age, it's just a guideline for me to make comparisons going forward.  

I also managed a full day of tracking and finished on 1188 calories, I even had that glass of wine I'd said I wasn't going to have, but I had so many calories and it was delicious, plus it was only one glass. 

This is what I ate, a late delicious indulgent lunch - I had a 200g bag of scallops in the freezer which I'd defrosted, had them with air-fried butternut squash, I added 35g diced chorizo to the pan, the white mushrooms, broccoli,  and garlic to a frying pan whilst cooking 50g spaghetti separately.  When that was almost cooked, I added the scallops to the pan and half fried / half steamed them and then mixed it all together - WOW, I really enjoyed that, definitely a must do again, it can be mixed up with lots of veggies and flavours, use chicken instead of scallops.  

  

I wasn't really hungry afterwards but knew I needed something, so about half six I made an omelette, 3 eggs, broccoli, onion, mushrooms, laughing cow light triangle, green pepper and garlic, served with a few leaves and another delicious meal.  I forgot how easy food can be!  


In bed by half 8 and asleep before 9, up at 5.30am and ready for the day.  I feel really good, yeah I'm a little tight around my shoulders, that'll be from the swimming, it always does that to me, glad I only did 20 lengths!  I did smile, I bought a combination padlock from reception and was just about to lock it when I realised I wasn't going to be able to see the numbers without my glasses so they were going to have to come with me into the pool!  The joys of aging ay.

Speaking of aging, I've just done a free online hearing check with the RNID! I did it twice because the first time it said the result indicated that I may have hearing loss, the second time I was fine, just wasn't paying attention the first time as always. I'm not deaf, I'm away with the fairies! https://rnid.org.uk/informatio.../take-online-hearing-check/ I do sometimes struggle to hear Aryn but I've always believed that's because he mumbles! Now I have proof :)

Ooo today, what's the plan? I haven't got one, I need one, it's a busy day so food needs to be planned. I have a lot of bread so maybe beans on toast for lunch. I'll go and check out the freezers for dinner ideas now, well after my shower.

Here's to another positive day, I want 7lb in 7 weeks, I'm not going to let myself forget that. I have a photo from the weekend of the 3 of us ready to do the zipwire which I'm going to print out and have in the kitchen to remind me of the fun we can have if I get fitter and healthier - now there's motivation!

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: