Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 6 September 2023

7 weeks - 7lbs?

Wednesday 6th September 2023


Yay, it's back to school day :) this means I can get back to my eating routine rather than having the boy wake up at lunchtime expecting us to eat then.  Seriously though, he's been no bother, he never is, I think he'll struggle to get up this morning though, it'll be amusing I'm sure.

On the scales front, I gained 1/2lb, pleased with that after a weekend away but that's 3 weeks I've gained now, I'm ending the summer holidays 1 1/2lb heavier than I started it, it's time to get some pounds off before the next holidays.

Yes it's 15 weigh-ins till Christmas, but it's also 7 weigh-ins until the next half term break, ooo I'd love to lose 1/2 stone by then.  I need to walk the walk, not just talk the talk, 7 weeks = 7 pounds, I can do this!  I've just reset my Nutracheck app to 1lb a week, it's given me 1563 calories per day, which means I finished yesterday within my allowance and all tracked, even the curly fry I pinched from Aryn's dinner!  

Honest tracking is key isn't it, it's no good tracking 3/4 of the things you consume if you ignore the other 1/4!

This was my dinner and it was delicious, it was a £12 meal deal from Ocado, the dessert was ice cream which they'll eat, Aryn had a few crispy lattice and onion rings with his and only had a big spoonful of the veg so I had the rest of it and it was delicious.  Now on it's own it's £3.50 which is a bit steep but then on the other hand it was a mix of broccoli, potatoes, carrots and courgettes coated in butter, seasoned with sea salt and cracked black pepper which saved me a lot of effort and tasted delicious guaranteeing I'd eat it, plus it only took 4 minutes to microwave, plus about 2 of my 5 a day.


 

I had a slice of toast for my breakfast and a pork sandwich for lunch, plus some wine.  No wine today or tomorrow as there aren't any open bottles so no excuses, that means more calories for food, nom, nom. 

I've defrosted a packet of scallops I plan to eat for lunch with some spaghetti, then I'm going to try actifry tinned potatoes as have been recommended by so many for our dinner, I'm not sold on the thought of them tbh but I'll give them a go, just to decide what to have with them now, egg and beans maybe?  Suggestions appreciated.

Now we usually go to the gym on a Wednesday but I'm not sure he'll be up for it after his first day back, thinking about going by myself this afternoon and then if he does want to go I can go twice and not do much.  I need a combination padlock for the locker at the gym as I gave mine padlock away to a lady at the pain management group because I thought I had a spare, I'd go swimming if I had one, I think they might sell them on reception, yeah I could risk it and take my kit to work and go straight there.  Easier to make excuses than to find a way.

It was so good seeing so many faces return yesterday, some because it was the end of the school holidays, others because they'd just had enough and knew it was time, whatever the reason, it's always good to see our members return.

Well Coco has just decided to take over my lap and half the laptop so I'm gonna have to go :) here's to a day on track.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: