Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 22 February 2023

Midweek already!

Wednesday 22nd February 2023
Put yourself top of your to-do list!


Well I was very, very surprised yesterday at my results, I didn't feel like I'd gained weight on holiday so was pleased when I stepped on the scales Saturday in my jeans and having had breakfast to see I'd lost 1/2lb, but when I stepped on yesterday after being on track since Friday the scales said I'd lost another 4lb, WOW, catching up on my sleep by going to bed at silly early o'clock to try and sort the jet lag out has helped, really thinking about whether I want the food on offer has obviously helped even more.


4lb will be a one off, I'll be happy now with 1lb a week or anything to be honest, I just want to see results, I'm well aware I'm in the 'honeymoon' period of my weight loss journey, everyone can do it for a week or two, it's keeping it up that matters.  My pain is definitely motivating me and wanting to enjoy summer and our first holiday abroad with Aryn, I don't want to not be able to join in because I'm in so much pain.  I have my eye on a swimming costume at least one size smaller, do I buy one now as my motivation?   

Back to now though, I had another good day yesterday, great to be back at huddles seeing our members, catching up and getting back to normality.  

My food day looked like this; 




I started it with a scramlette, yep it was going to be an omelette but that didn't work, too much in the way of veggies in it to hold it together :) still look at all that lovely amount of goodness I managed to get into the pan.  

Lunch was a bowl of soup to tied me over until Aryn wanted pancakes which I knew he would.
 


Pancakes, let's just say, they are not my forte, even buying the ready made shaker, I still manage to mess it up and Aryn had a go at tossing them, the first was too thick to toss, the second one went on the floor, the third one was okay and he caught it, the fourth, well let's just not talk about it too much, as we poured it into the pan, flour came out too as the mix hadn't mixed enough, he ate it though.  I had a taste of two, so tracked a whole one to cover me.  

I really enjoyed my dinner, wanted to use the pittas I'd bought so Aryn had chicken fillet things in his, I had a couple of burgers in my I'd found in the freezer, they didn't look very appetising at all, but they tasted good enough.  I've just realised I haven't racked the salad cream so I will go and add that on.  Ah it's only 15 calories so that's okay.

 

I'm not keen on that bistro salad, dry beetroot sticks don't do it for me!

Aryn made himself some toast and put marmalade on one but didn't like it, so I ate the rest, all tracked and I grabbed a fish stick out the fridge.  Finished my day on track though and under budget, that number isn't a target, it's a guide.  


I've set my app for me to lose 1lb a week.  Just looking I only hit 4.2 portions of fruit and veg so that's something for me to work on for sure.  My fibre was 15.7g, guidelines 25g, I'm not too concerned about that from a going to the loo point of view (I don't have an issue there!) but fibre does fill you up, so there's a reason to aim for more. 

I might make a tuna pasta bake today to use up some of the stuff I have in the kitchen, plus there's a lot of fibre in the pasta I have, https://zenb.co.uk  it's not cheap but it's super packed with fibre which is good and I bought it on offer so got 40% off.

Yeah I'll batch cook some I think and freeze, make use of my afternoon, right now I have a large cat on my lap trying to stop me typing as he wants fussing, that's not making blogging easy so I think it's time to go lol.  At least he's settled now!


Let's have a great day, start questioning your thoughts if you're struggling with your food decisions, ask yourself 'why' and what are you getting from any bad choices your making.  This lark ain't easy but we can do it, the more we try the easier it will get.  

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: