Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 February 2023

Busy day ahead

Thursday 2nd February 2023 
It's okay to take time out for you!


Well I stopped and took a breathe yesterday, taking time out for me, we've been chatting about it in the huddles this week, the importance in taking some time to do things you enjoy and the effect that can have on your life and your weight loss journey.

My day looked like this, I got up early and took my time getting ready, dropped Aryn at school then went to the huddle which I always enjoy.  Then I went directly to the gym and baths, 20 minutes in the gym made me sweat even though it was only walking on that machine, then hurt a lot afterwards for the rest of the day/night but hey use or lose I'm hoping.  I realised I'd forgot my towel for swimming so asked at reception if they sold them, they had the microfibre ones and if I'm honest I think I dried myself better on that than my usual towel.  

The pool was full of kids but I shared a lane with someone else and managed to spend almost an hour in there, swimming and walking trying to build my strength back up, my back was hurting a little at the base but again, I'm in pain anyway so may as well try and do something.

Next shopping, needed suntan spray and insect repellent - not cheap is it, plus I got a couple of pairs of joggers half price = result!  I used to love shopping but it's so damn expensive now, the pleasure has gone.   I did buy this though and it was really tasty, had it for lunch with leftover chicken and coleslaw mix with a little balsamic glaze on.


Once home, did a bit of housework and washing, then watched a bit of tele.  Aryn asked if we could have dinner a little later as he wasn't hungry and I wasn't either so I said yes.  Called him around 6pm but no reply, sent him a message no reply, went and knocked his bedroom door - no reply.  I decided he was asleep, this full time school lark is tiring obviously, so I cooked my tea, left his on a plate but didn't cook his fish as I didn't want to waste cooking fish and it not being eaten.  Another hello fresh meal but we didn't roast the spuds and broccoli, didn't fancy that, the seabass was good though.



I went to bed around 8 and have got up this morning to a dirty frying pan so he cooked his own fish, good lad is learning, we'll work on washing up at a later date I guess, at least he cooked the rest of the meal.

Foxes outside woke me up at 5 making a noise, daft cats woke me in the middle of the night being cats!  I've still managed a half decent nights sleep.

Busy day today, I'm going to cook a chicken hotpot when I get home at lunchtime, chickens are reduced in Sainsbury's to £4.50 so I'll cut that into quarters and use that.  I have unused potatoes from Monday's hellofresh meal so all I had to buy was onions because I have carrots.  I'm looking forward to it already.

I might have mushrooms on toast for breakfast, but first to shower.  Here's to another better eating day, I even drunk two bottles of water yesterday which is progress.

3 good things yesterday - 
1) Paracetamol
2) Microfibre towels for sale at gym
3) No rushing

What were your 3 good things?

Mwah, luv ya

Love me c


No comments: