Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 4 June 2021

We all deserve to be happy!

Friday 4th June 2021
Commit to take care of yourself.


Such a good day yesterday and now I've got a fab Friday to look forward to and a cracking good weekend.  Bloxwich was brilliant, the weight loss was great, especially considering the Bank Holiday, plus those who didn't lose weight didn't mind because they'd had a banging Bank Holiday!  We also had some new faces that neither Elle or I had met before which is brilliant as it shows the words spreading.

Elle the made the day better by reminding me we were having our first business lunch, we'd organised it ages ago, really it was just an excuse to have yellow chips ;) and it was great, we had an hour in the garden, a natter and food - perfect way to pass the time.  I indulged in this kebab and chips but it was the only thing I ate yesterday other than 2 slices of bread and spread later and a bar of white chocolate that Elle had treated me too.  Actually she paid for lunch, so now we'll have to have another where I pay, but not for a while as we can't be eating this sort of food everyday if we want to lose some weight. 

We decided that because we know so many are struggling financially, but also because we all need to commit to taking care of ourselves, it's too easy to become the Annie of getting our act together and keeping saying 'tomorrow, tomorrow, I love me tomorrow' but it's always a day away isn't it, so we decided to do an offer to get people to prioritise themselves.  

They say it take 12 weeks to make a difference so that's what we want people to give us, it'll take them to the next Bank Holiday and will take us through summer, so when the kids go back to school, everyone will be asking, 'wow, what have you done to lose that weight?', please don't go stand at the school gates if you haven't got kids, get the question asked somewhere else :) 

I sat watching the Masked dancer last night, interacting on facebook with my mates and for a very, brief moment I felt guilty for feeling so happy when my moms not long died!  It was only brief, I quickly reminded myself my mom wouldn't want me too and I did everything I could to give her the best life possible once I was old enough to do so.  I remember conversations we used to have when I was a kid, I always told her I'd take care of her and we could run away from dad when I was 16.  I was actually annoyed at her when she wouldn't when I hit 16!  The truth was though, that she loved dad for all his faults and as I grew up, I did too, I realised he too was a product of his childhood and he did the best he was able to.

Well I won't be being 'good' today, pizza, alcohol and lots of laughter is on the menu and I'm so looking forward to it.  I see V fleetingly lately because she's working her ass off so to get her from lunchtime all day will be a real treat and a rest for her, Chantel's driving up too, she's here till Monday cos she's my 'bubble' well she has been since mom passed, have we still got bubbles?  Who knows but she's the only person that's slept here since the pandemic hit!  

I'm gonna spend my morning cooking curry for the freezer, Alfie's snoozing on my feet at the minute so I'll leave it half hour, he took me for an hours walk when we got back from the morning huddle.  He's being golden now when we're there, I even forgot his collar and lead last night and he didn't offer to go out the door at all!

Enjoy your day folks, hope to see some of you tomorrow. 

Mwah, luv ya, 

Love me xx

No comments: