Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 17 June 2021

Chose to - meh!

Thursday, 17th June 2021
Champions keep playing until they get it right.”


I took Alfie to the vets yesterday for a check up, he has a skin condition and his ears play him up, he scratches and bites his feet and it drives both him and me bonkers, the vet said he's in pretty good nick for his age, he as old age arthritis and I think it was non specific dermatitis or something like that, basically they don't know what causes the irritation and it's too bloody difficult to test for all the different possibilities!  His solution was better ear drops, wash him once a week in his medicated shampoo (he'll love that not) and an injection once a month to ease the itching/scratching and biting, thankfully because of his pet plan I pay, I get 50% off, but it's still gonna cost about £55 a month - ouch.  I'll find it though because I haven't seen or heard him scratch, itch or bite since we left the vets, how bloody good is that!

This is why people don't consider before they have pets, they ain't cheap!  I already pay £28 a month for his pet plan and £30 every 6-8 weeks to have him clipped, then he expects to be fed too! :) He's worth every penny though, my little pal, he's been a cracking dog for the last 11 years, the first dog I had from puppy, that I was actually responsible for anyway, we had dogs as kids but they were 'family' pets, then I always had rescue dogs, that come with all kinds of issues don't they, but Alfie's been a dream, never destructive, always chilled, unless he's barking at ya for attention, he does that to new members at our huddles!  

The rest of my day was spent on zooms with friends, then sorting out the summer house so my brother doesn't got mental at me when he sees the state of it when he gets here Tuesday, yay my bro is coming and I'm so looking forward to it, I haven't seen him in forever and I just want a big hug, then he wont' have time to hug me again, his to do list is too long :) don't worry though I'll feed and water him lol.  He can't go anywhere either, he's trapped here for 10 days self isolating, so he'll work non stop cos he'll get bored otherwise.  Joking aside, I love how when we chatted about my living room the other day and I started telling him my ideas, he knew immediately what I meant without me having to go into real detail and draw or send photos, even the wall colour, he knew and him just saying, 'I know what you want, I can see it in my mind', left me knowing he absolutely did.  I've not wanted to get anyone else to make it because I knew it wouldn't be as good as Terry could do and would cost a ridiculous amount of money for lower quality goods. 

I also spent a few hours on the internet building our new website, the happyowls.co.uk was put together for me by someone else, but it was also 'my' website, rather than ours.  I wanted a fresh start, plus WW made me remove all the ww related content so I had to change it all anyway (sorry to my old members who still follow ww, I can't put the points on things anymore for you).  Anyway, trying to redo it was causing so many issues and wasting so much time that I decided to start from scratch with a new web address because we are now Be Happy Owls anyway, I love learning how to do new things and using wix.com made it much easier thankfully. It's going to need many, many more hours but I will be able to get all the recipes back on there in blog form, so they'll be searchable, as well as other blog articles.  If there's anything you would like to suggest we put on there, let us know.   It's all new at the minutes but here's the link www.behappyowls.com, don't mention it to Elle till I see her, it's a surprise ;) and as she's been removed from Facebook, she's not seeing my blog either.  I'm saddened that someone felt the need to cause her issues by reporting her for being underage!  She's had to prove who she is, by sending documents, it can take up to a week and she can't remember the email address she used when she set up the account which is causing more issues.  I do hope it gets sorted as all her photos are on that account, how awful would it be for her to lose everything because of petty,, sad people. 

Food was simple yesterday, I ate the cauliflower cheese for lunch, had banana and yogurt for breakfast and then I had a small pizza out the freezer one of those snack ones from Co-op which are only 259 calories, I topped it with a few olives (19 calories) and 3 slices of pepperoni (47 calories) really enjoyed that.  Then I got peckish so had a packet of noodles (271 calories) with an egg (76 calories), that was lush, I just cracked the egg into the noodles about a minute before they'd finished cooking.  

Looking forward to our sit down huddles today, it's so lovely chatting and catching up with everyone, I would've so missed the social aspect if we hadn't have set up on our own.  Now I don't want to really talk about leaving WW but I will say this to those who keep saying 'we chose to leave', there's a bit difference between choosing to do something and being put in a position where you had no alternative, if you'd like to discuss that with me, give me a call and I'll explain it.  I need to earn X amount of money a month to pay my bills, we're not quite there yet with our Huddles, but I wouldn't have been anywhere near if I'd have stayed because of the changes.  

Moving on...

I'm all about moving forward now, I want a simple life, a happy life, an easy life and I believe I've earned it and so has Elle, she doesn't tell anyone that'll listen her problems like I do :) but she's had more than her fair share over the last few years.  

Let's have a terrific Thursday shall we, we've had a little rain to freshen the air, as I get older, I can't handle those really hot temperatures, I'm not complaining though, I sit in the shade.  I need to go get dinner out the freezer, what shall I have....

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx
  

No comments: