Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 16 December 2020

When did it become nearly Christmas!

Wednesday 16th December 2020
What we focus on magnifies.

I think yesterday, I suddenly realised it was Christmas day next Friday!  I've done nothing, the few gifts I've bought for mom, I've already given them to her to cheer her up.  Thankfully I've got Christmas dinner and a hamper coming next week so that's something, but I think we'll be having the quietest one yet.  Mom wants egg and chips, so I'll cook the turkey and me and Alfie can work our way through it over the weekend, let's see how many different things can be done with turkey shall we!  A 5kg turkey for two and a dog lol, I might add some pastry to my shop next week and make a turkey pie of some sort. 

Well we've had another good day and night yesterday, she's in pain but other than that, pretty good.  She had her usual mood dip later in the day but nothing I couldn't handle, I'm just comparing every day to Sunday and in comparison it's a breeze!  

We watched the Philip Schofield Christmas show last night and wow, some of the prices of things are ridiculous, even if I had it, I wouldn't spend it even if I had it, I'm all for making things look nice but a table centre piece over £100 and you can't even eat it - WHY?  All this spending 8 hours cooking dinner - WHY? It's a Sunday dinner with pigs in blankets.  I've never understood why people puts so much stress on themselves over cooking it, but I guess I've never cooked for more than 8 at Christmas.  I have on weekends away though, now that brings back some memories, cooking with my brother for 20 - 30 people, good times. 

The decorated ginger bread houses on the show, that looked like fun for kids, I've never done that but again you can get the cheaper ones and they looked just as much fun if not more because they were easier.   If I thought mom would have a go, I'd get one!  Maybe I will anyway, it's not like it'll be loads of money and I can do it myself if she's not game.

A very lovely lady bought a bag of Christmas gifts round for mom yesterday and again she opened them, it's making her smile so I'm not saying no. The joy on her face was lovely, she loved every single thing in that bag, all lovely little gifts, a little lucky black cat in a bag, some bracelets, a candle that when turned on shines snowflakes on the ceiling, other bits and bobs but her favourite was this little knitted or crocheted teddy holding a chocolate reindeer.  She was entertained with it all for the rest of the night.  I think giving her these things a bit at a time like that is a lot less overwhelming than everything at once on Christmas day, it's spreading her happiness. 

My mission this Christmas is to stick to a budget, I don't have a wage guaranteed for the foreseeable, so I need to make what I have last and work at getting my UW business off the ground, which is why I'm relieved to have won my turkey and hamper, one less thing to pay for. 

I've got one appointment today, supporting another lovely member of my team, I really need to start ringing people and booking appointments!  I'll be more able to relax if I know I've got some appointments booked in for next year. 

Mom's woke up and gone back to sleep whist I've been typing this, it's so good to see her calm, I was so worried and scared for her on Sunday, it was just dreadful.

Anyway, focus on the positives, I'm giving my brain a rest at the moment, I've just started my day with a big pint of water and I was suprised by how quickly I drank it, so now I'm going to enjoy a big mug of tea and some eggs and mushrooms on toast. 

Here's to enjoying the Christmas countdown....

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x
 




No comments: