Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 23 December 2020

2 more sleeps!

Wednesday 23rd December 2020
The struggle is part of the story.


Oh good morning, it's nearly Christmas!  I know it's not going to be the day most people would hope for but let's make the most of what we've got!  I'm actually going to cook my turkey today because mom never wants a roast dinner on Christmas day so I'm going to have me one today and tomorrow, me and Alfie are going to be overdosing on turkey over the next few days!  

If you haven't seen my facebook post, there was a bit of a mess when my shopping was delivered yesterday, but it did make me laugh for ages afterwards, I'd been looking forward to making my own version of an Irish Coffee all day, well the universe had other ideas and when he put on of the crates by the door, the 600ml carton of double cream was empty and it was all over everything in that crate, well, I needed that food obviously and the poor chap couldn't easily communicate with me, I think he was deaf or hard of hearing, I told him it was okay, I'd salvage what I could and I give him, his Christmas tip.  Alfie was loving that there was cream everywhere, he had a ball cleaning the bag, whilst I washed everything out and re-wrapped stuff in foil.  I've woke up to a £25 refund email, so win/win.  It was an accident, these things happen!  Oh and I so wanted an Irish Coffee that I nipped over the Co-op for a carton, it was delicious. 

I'm getting much better at reading and reacting to moms behaviour and moods, it's making a huge difference me not having to do 11 workshops a week at the same time, mom has become my 'job' of sorts, an unpaid one lol but it is a role I've gladly taken on, I think about how to deal with her at different times of the day, so last night she was refusing to go upstairs to bed, but I was patient and after 10/15 minutes, so changed her mind and thankfully she's had a good night and she's still in bed!  Happy days. 

48 hours from now there will still be lots and lots of exciteable kids wanting to open their Christmas pressies. It really is the most wonderful time of the year isn't it, let's not forget that.  Again I know there's awful stuff going on, some of my friends have Covid right now, which is just the worst, hopefully they'll recover soon and they'll get to have a late Christmas day celebrations, we can do it on any day can't we!  I know it's tough right now, but let's stay as positive as we can and focus on what you do have in your life that makes it amazing!  I was reminded once again yesterday of how blessed I am, so many people offered to help me get some snowballs and asked if I needed any shopping after seeing my post about the cream, how lovely is it that people care, let's all be that kind of person! 

Anyway, I'm not gonna write much today, I'm going to go make myself another cuppa and enjoy another slow day, I did clear another couple of drawers in my kitchen yesterday like I said I would, but today I'm going to make a lot of mess if I'm cooking a dinner! No pressure in this house though as there's no one to disappoint if the turkey ends up crap lol, but it'll be Jamie's fault if that happens.

Enjoy your day, focus on the good stuff, indulge in anything you fancy this week, we can all get healthy in 2021, there are no rules this Christmas (well apart from the government ones!) I'm even going to have a bailey's for breakfast this morning, because I can!  

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx


No comments: