Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 26 December 2020

Merry Rest of the Year!

Saturday 26th December 2020
Believe in your ability to achieve your dreams



Well my Christmas present from mom was a good 8 hours sleep and she didn't wake me up once - the best gifts are priceless!  We had a lovely, quiet day, I'd managed to buy her a sackful of pressies from Amazon and she was happy with all of them, my brother came for an hour first thing, that's one of only traditions we have in this house, the other being egg and chips for dinner, I think that will be my Christmas dinner for ever more, even after moms no longer with us, it's so good not to have any hassle, this year we opted for Co-op chips, just chuck em on a tray and voila, 15 minutes later you've got egg and chips and dinner is done, oh we had petit pois with them.  Mom started to get confused later in the day, talking about going home and how would her kids know she was here, so I just kept reassuring her we were safe and in our own house, so we had an early night, we were in bed by 8 and bless her she must have been exhausted from the day because she's still asleep now at almost 6am. 

I have a new food obsession that I'm either going to have to lose or start portioning in the new year when I get myself in check, it's Lurpak garlic butter - oh my days, 695 calories per 100g!  so 867 in the block and it's not a very big block!  A regular block of butter is 250g and 745 calories per 100g, so 1,863 calories per block - ouch lol.  I'm okay with low fat spread, I always have bene so I might try to make my own garlic butter in the new year or maybe I'll just enjoy the real deal less frequently!
To lose a pound in weight you have to burn roughly 3500 calories!  I won't be worrying about that today of course, because I still have a fridge full of cheese to consume, I'm thinking a cheese and ham savoury bread pudding for breakfast this morning.  I've got a stale chunk of french bread left and as I'm going to get frugal in January, I don't want to waste food going forward at all if I can help it.  I have to own up to wasting the turkey, I just couldn't face it, I don't want to moan about my free turkey because it was a gift but I don't think I'll ever buy a whole turkey again, I would never buy a fresh one (especally one with strong black feathers lol) but let's just say my mate Mr Fox had the most amazing Christmas treat!  

As always it was so lovely to see people having a wonderful time in their photos on Facebook, please remember Facebook shows everything at it's best, it's the bullshit bubble, no ones life is good all the time so if yours doesn't feel so amazing, neither is anyone elses constantly.  I only share the good bits of mom, no one wants to see a video of her fretting and stressing and upset or ranting and raging, you don't need to see that, I want to make people smile and have memories stored for me to feel good about in the future.  I guarantee there was plenty of not so great bits unshared on social media.  

I know I'm ready to eat healthy, there's chocolates and biscuits everywhere in this living room and I'm just not interested, I've eaten some but I'm craving good food for sure.  I actually want to be hungry lol, I never stopped grazing yesterday, a cow might have 4 compartments to their stomachs but I felt like I'd got about 8 yesterday!  

My supermarket shop for Wednesday will be a heck of a lot different to last weeks, ooo I fancy some pasta, might do a pasta bake for dinner today, nom nom, yes I will and I might go get it started now so I don't change my mind.  The living room looks like a bombs hit it, moms built a wall of crap round her chair, but she was happy so I wasn't going to do anything about that!  Actually I've got my own wall of crap looking down at the floor!  

Mmm pasta, I've got a big piece of ham to use so I'm thinking that with pasta and a creamy cheesy sauce, nom nom.  Right I'm off, I might use the crusty stale bread for breadcrumbs instead of making the bread pudding then I'll be hungry when it comes to eating the pasta bake. 

Have another wonderful day xx

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx
 

No comments: