Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 30 December 2020

It's cold this morning!

Wednesday 30th December 2020
Sometimes in the waves of change, we find our true direction


Well I've been up since 3am again, but I've spent a couple of hours productively going through my computer and clearing out old files, it feels good to be cleansing my life, out with the old, in with the new! I'm looking forward to a lot more of this in 2021, I've spent 2020 fearing change and dreading what might happen and how I'd cope and what I'd do, but now I'm embrassing everything life has to offer.  Change is scary, but instead I'm choosing to see it as exciting, a little change in attitude makes all the difference.  Dementia brought lots of change to my family, Covid has done the same this year, we've been surviving the effects of dementia for years, I plan to do the same with Covid, my main priority right now is trying to keep the damn virus out of my house closely followed by ensuring I have a future to look forward to, work I enjoy doing, people in my life I love and care for and being happy. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I can 'blame' lots of reasons for that, but the truth is I decided to stop  paying attention to the amount of food I ate and the effect it was having on the scales!  That will change on New Years day, I will weigh myself, work out my 5% goal and aim for my first half stone, followed by my 5%.  I have a goal weight in mind I want to achieve, it's not a BMI one, it's a personal one, I'm not living by someone elses 'ideal' weight guidelines anymore, I'm choosing my own.  I've got a plan, I've got a weight loss buddy and I can't wait.  But my goals aren't just about numbers, I have goals in all aspects of my life, not just numbers on a scale.

I'm looking forward to my shopping coming, need some salad and veggies in my life!  Although the substitutions have made me smile again, replacing celery with spring onions - really?  I needed a couple of sticks of celery for my bolognaise recipe, I'll manage without it I'm sure, celery ain't my favourite thing in the world anyway. I wore my Fitbit for the first time in a very long time yesterday, managed 6600 steps, not bad to say I mostly sad on my backside, me and Alfie had a lovely walk though, not fast but enjoyable. 

I've been playing with MyFitnessPal the last few days, this morning I used the recipe builder for the first time and it's great, plus it's all free which is awesome at the moment with money being such an issue for so many people.  I'll start using it properly in 2021, I've got a couple more days of my 'holiday' yet and I'm going to enjoy them, roast beef dinner today I reckon though, Alfie will be happy with that too ;) 

All the days are merging into each other this week, I've done a little work but not loads, enjoyed talking on the phone with my mates yesterday, we watched a couple of films Princess Switch 1 & 2 on Netflix, really 'aahhh' kind of films, I love crap like that, happy ever after films are the best, they really are. 

Right, it's cold in here, the heating ain't warming this house up too well, there's a draft coming from somewhere, so I'm off to make another cuppa tea and make something for breakfast.  I fancy baked beans, I've fancied them for days - that's a fab sign my bodies ready for healthy!  Still fancying a chow mein though, but I'm thinking, I'm gonna make my own rather than have a take away, I used to make a mean chow mein, time to get those old healthy habits back in place. 

Catch ya tomorrow, have a great day, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x



No comments: