Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 20 December 2020

Champagne for breakfast!

Sunday 20th December 2020
It's not a race, it's a journey - enjoy the moment!



Well I got my domestic goddess on yesterday, I cleared and sorted my shed and alley way, then did the cupboard under the stairs / off the wetroom that used to be the larder in the kitchen before I moved everything round.  I finished off by cleaning the kitchen, I even cleaned the cooker and the cooker hood, took the vents out and give them a good wash in the sink to get rid of that grease that rises up!  I did two cupboards and one huge drawer and I shall do the rest over time, cos my back was in bits even with the painkillers and bucks fizz for motivation!  It felt good walking in there this morning though, I'm hoping being at home more will mean I will be more inclined to do the entire house and keep on top of it.  Here's hoping ay!

Mom was good yesterday, she's head a more unsettled night, she's got toilet issues (that's enough information right there) so we were awake a couple of times, she was all for getting up at midnight but I was able to cajoal her back into bed and she did go back to sleep.  She's a little confused this morning, Christmas as lovely as it is, isn't part of her routine, so that actually adds to the confusion, she's talking about how she needs to go home or tell her kids where she is. 

I spent the afternoon watching tele, The Queens Gambit on Netflix, loving it, watched 5 of the 7 episodes!  Chess is fascinating to me, I know how to play, my brother taught me when I was a kid, he taught me lots of games like Mahjong and snooker, not that I can remember now but chess is so clever to play well and that's what the programmes about, an orphaned chess prodigy.  Really, really good if a little drawn out.

I induldged in a bit of cheese and biscuits last night, they were so good, but I didn't go crazy, I've got 3 open boxes of Thorntons lying about and again, I'm just having one here and there.  I'm aware of my weight gain this year and i will do something about it in the new year but I'm enjoying being a none WWer for the first time in too many years.  Having said that, I don't think I'll be 'dieting', I'll be focusing on healthy, more veggies, less cheese, that kind of things.  



The eatwell plate is a great guideline for balance, getting the portions under control is essential of course and not being extreme because that won't last.  Anyone can cut back for a fortnight but it never lasts, I've watched it over the years I was a WW coach, the honeymoon period where they'd say, 'I just can't eat my points', 4 weeks later, 'OMG I'm starving!'   Don't do anything the first week you decide to get healthy that you're not going to be able to do every week for the rest of your life because it's pointless and short term otherwise.  

Fish is one thing I'll look forward to eating more of after Christmas, I had some scallops yesterday and that was a reminder of how good they are, plus healthy too.  

We can be happy in the knowledge that your turkey dinner on Christmas day is made up of plenty of healthy foods.  

Turkey's high in protein, B vitamins, selenium, zinc and phosphorus, and is low in fat.  Opt for the white meat and skip the skin if you're trying to be a little 'healthier'.  Spuds contain vitamin C as well as some starch and fibre, just go easy on them lol.  Love or hate them sprouts also contain a specific flavonol compound called kaempferol that has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties as well as being a good source of vitamin C, beta-carotene and vitamin K.

Then there's the carrots, high levels of beta-carotene and other carotenoids including zeaxanthin, carrots have antioxidant properties to help your cells stay healthy, including those in your eyes.’ They also contain the B vitamins biotin and B6, as well as potassium which helps to balance blood pressure. Plus experts say eat carrots to counteract your salt intake ‘Christmas is a time when we often eat excess sodium from salt in snacks, so the potassium in carrots is a good counterbalance to this.  If you've got any veggies, nuts are one of the healthiest Christmas foods going. They are rich in essential fatty acids for heart health, vitamins including vitamin E and the B vitamins. They are a good source of vegetarian protein and the husks are high in fibre, too

There's lots more healthy stuff you can eat over Christmas, Salmon, cranberries, fruit (even the dried stuff) even WINE! 

Red wine contains wine polyphenols, including anthocyanins, catechins and resveratrol. These have an antioxidant effect and studies have shown they could help prevent cardiovascular disease.’ Compared with other types of antioxidants, resveratrol can cross the blood-brain barrier, thereby helping to protect the brain and nerve cells, too. It also helps to counteract the formation of blood clots.

And I'll end on that, maybe a glass for breakfast!  Only joking, although as I'm having a catch up this morning with my Happy Owls, I shall maybe have a bucks fizz, I might even open my F&M Champagne to celebrate the last 16 years of being a WW coach, I didn't get a leaving do after all did I.  Yeah, I'm having champagne and orange juice for breakfast, it's my first Christmas in years where I haven't had to work right up to Christmas Eve!

Hope to see some of you this morning, here's the links; 

I've scheduled one for 9am and one for 9.45am (only get 40 minutes free on zoom), 

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/9221911689...
Meeting ID: 922 191 1689
Passcode: 432114

Right I'm off, have a great day, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx



No comments: