Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 15 December 2020

One day at a time

Tuesday 15th December 2020
You don't have to have the best of everything to make the best of everything.


You can't hear it obviously because you're not here, but I'm sat in my living room and if I stop typing you can hear - nothing!  It's bliss!  Yes we've had a good night, we were both in bed for nine and I didn't hear a peep from her till after 3, but she's snoozed on and off since then and I got up just after 7 so I can happily say, I've had some decent sleep and so has mom.  She had a much better day yesterday, back to her normal dementia self, the district nurse came and was a little too keen with cleaning up her wound so that left her in pain for the remainder of the day but compared to the hell that was Sunday, it was a brilliant day. the RIT team came to see her about 7 last night and she doesn't seem to have an infection other than on her leg, so we came to the conclusion as best as we can that it was either the new drug we had tried for two days that had caused that dreadful mood behaviour or it was just a really, really bad dementia day.  I personally think, well hope it was the drug!

Taking it all one day at a time, thats all we can do and doing my best to stay healthy and happy myself at the same time.  

I'm not even thinking about losing weight at the moment, I need my body and mind time to grieve for WW, but I also don't need the pressure of it all.  I'm eating what I fancy when I fancy it, to be fair, I'm not overindulging too much.  I'm not eating 3 meals a day but hey, who wrote that rule book!

I really enjoyed Chicago Town subs yesterday (for those who are on track they cost 9SP each or 284 calories each).  I opened a tin of pineapple and had a few spoonfuls on the side of the plate, bloody delicious it was and something I've not eaten for a long time.  Oh and for those who are thinking OMG pizza is so not good for you, it's so fattening, one of those subs is about the same points as a piece of salmon and I'd have had more with the salmon like potato and veggies. 
We switched off from the world and watched Military Wives, cracking film, I really enjoyed it.  Mom fell asleep bless her, so I watched Second Act with Jennifer Lopez,  I enjoyed that too, thank you Amazon Prime.  

I'm taking it easy for the rest of the year, chilling with my mom, watching some tele, eating food I enjoy.  I'm doing a little work but I'm giving myself time to rest.  I would be really grateful if you'd all start booking appointments in with me for next year to give you a free look at how I can help you save money, no obligation but it would help me enjoy Christmas more knowing I have appointments in the diary for next year. 

Having said that, I have 3 calls in the diary for today to support a new member of my team, we did her first yesterday and it went really well, unfortunately they'd only just switched a few things and although we can pay up to £200 to help with exit fees there's were much higher, so they've asked her to get back to them this time next year because they were gutted they couldn't change, so much so they rang back almost immediately to ask her to do an appointment for their daughter who's buying her first home.  It feels so good knowing we're helping, especially when you see all this on the news about the high numbers of redundancy and unemployment, well I was one of those victims of redundancy wasn't I, I've never been so glad to have something there as back up. 

Anyway, let's all decide to make ourselves a priority in whatever way you feel is most important, for me at the moment, I need time out to relax and focus on mom, I'm keeping up with my skin care routine and I love how it's making it feel but also how my bags under my eyes aren't as bad, especially as I spent most of Sunday crying!  I did a little crying at the movie yesterday too.  

Oh yeah cos I haven't got enough on my plate right now, the universe sent me a monthly which is probably the first this year or for months and months anyway, I knew my body was having all the symptoms this last week but I didn't think that would happen, I thought I was hitting full on menopause any day.  Hey ho, just another thing to handle lol.

After chatting with some of my WW mates on Sunday morning, I ended up popping some cheeses and crackers into my online shop, so I can see my main meal today being a plate of that, oh I should've bought some grapes to go on the plate with them, nevermind I'll have the rest of the pineapple.  Mmm tinned grapes, they don't do them do they!  I've just googled - they do them in America!

Right I'm off, it's 8.21, Alfies snoozing in front of me, moms still in bed, all is good in my world in this very moment and I am thankful for that, just finished my tea and the biggest decision I need to make is - shall I have another one.

Happy Tuesday xx 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 





No comments: