Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 21 December 2020

It doesn't feel like Christmas!

Monday 21st December 2020
Feel the fear and do it anyway!



Well Alfie was a pain in the bum last night, he wouldn't settle, so I get one settled and the other turns into trouble, by the time I'd settled Alfie, mom woke up just after midnight and was downstairs before I could stop her! She went back to sleep but it's been helping her leg I think having it raised and as much as I tell her to put it on the foot stool, it doesn't last.  Hey ho, can't stress about what I can't control.

Had a lovely Zoom with some happy owls yesterday morning, was good to catch up.  Got messenger told off by my bestie V, she's going to sort me out re work and my aversion to using the phone!  If any of you want to help me get over my fear of using the phone, you could make an appointment for after Christmas for me just to show you what it is I do and how much I can save you, as Karen Green said on our chat yesterday morning, it took 3 conversations with me for her to sign up but now she's so glad she has; 

I'm hoping the fact that people who know me, know I would never promote or work for something I didn't truly believe in 100%, I love the fact it's a British company and safe in the knowledge it's on the Ftse 250 list.  

Anyway, oh hold on, one last thing, I was supposed to do some Christmas fairs so I'd ordered some 'win a mini' flyers, but because of Covid and mom I've not been able to do that, so what I've done to try and make use of them is started a Facebook group for you to join and enter (1) Win A Mini with UW by Bev | Facebook it's free, what you got to lose, you could win a mini or £10k come March.  

Yesterday wasn't a bad day at all, I had champagne for breakfast, had to add orange juice to make it drinkable, I'm just not a fan of the stuff, even F&M expensive stuff, I enjoyed a bowl of my sisters lasagne for dinner - oh my days, that was amazing!  You'd pay good money for that, I can tell ya!  Turns out I really like goats camembert cheese too, really lush.  Oh I could so eat this way all the time!  But I'm aware of the fact I won't be, come January, I plan to get healthier again.  It's not a 'new years resolution', it's a necessary fact. 

Feel the fear and do it anyway!  How many of us put off doing things for fear it won't work out?  Whether it be losing weight, starting exercising, or in my case picking up the phone!  A good question to ask yourself, which I was asked yesterday is, 'What are you scared of?' 

With weight loss, I guess it's the whole, 'I've done it before and I'm back here again!'  Yeah we have done it before but you know what, so what.  Can you imagine if your child or if you haven't got one yourself when you were a child was told, 'oh just stop bothering, give it up, you just can't do it can you! I've sat here watching you for days and you're not getting it, so stop trying and stay dragging yourself round on your bum, cos you just ain't getting your head round this walking lark!'  

Erm, doh!  You wouldn't even contemplate saying that to a child learning to walk would you!  Then don't even contemplate having this kind of reaction to yourself, I've lost weight so many times in the past, if I'd kept every pound off I'd ever lost, I'd be a key charm by now!  

This last year I've used lots of excuses; 

Covid - what's the point, we're all gonna die!  (Dramatic me? I won't have it said!)
My Mom - Oh I just can't focus on weight loss with everything that's going on with my mom.
My Job - I'm going to lose my job at some point this year, then it won't matter if I'm fat! 

I've probably come up with other reasons but since I've started working for UW, one of the things they really promote in their training and weekly zoom meetings is personal development so I've been listening to a lot of audio books, I used to do this a lot anyway, it just slowed down over the last few years with mom and of course because of WW a lot of the stuff I was reading was weight related, whereas the stuff I'm reading now is more about everything.  Health does come into it though!  That's what's actually remotivated me to take back control, I'm not gonna lie, I'm grieving losing a job I've loved, to me it was more than a job, for the past 16 years, it's been my life!  As much as I requested voluntary redundancy, it wasn't me asking to leave the job I'd loved, it was this new role it had become, it was also because of mom and not being able to spin all those plates.  I was angry, sad and felt guilty for leaving my tribe so the idea of following WW just didn't feel right!  If I'm honest I haven't really followed it for a year or more, since it switched to all the different colours.  

I feel I need to trust myself and the knowledge I already have, I know what a healthy diet looks like, I don't have to count points or calories, so that's my plan come January, to get the balance back.  This is all part of the personal development we should all be doing. 

I'm hoping my tribe are gonna join me, all my Happy Owls, not just looking at food, but our entire life style, getting back to working on living our best lives, being BeYOUtiful and focusing on the healthy and happy.   Being the best version of ourselves is about more than losing a few pounds isn't it! 

I'll try to share the things I'm learning (or being reminded about) in the self development stuff I invest in.  If you can just spend 15 minutes a day on it, that's a great thing.  Now it's easy to say, we'll start on January 1st, NO let's START NOW!  Not dieting, that's not what I'm talking about.  

Do something today to tell yourself you plan to start working on becoming your best self, we never stop improving so even if you're great where you are, work on staying there!  It's going to take some time and effect to achieve lasting change, so we need to start now,we can build on what we do today, tomorrow, why wait?  

I'm going to start by having a healthy breakfast, I'm thinking eggs, mushrooms and tomato with a couple of slices of toast, followed by a walk with Alfie whilst listening to my next audio book, I'm hoping he's in the mood!  It'll be 10ish before I can do that though as I have a UW call at 9 and I've got a delivery coming before ten, I think its my Christmas dinner, I better make room in the fridge for a 5kg turkey!  

Yeah let's work on improving ourselves and our lives together. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx 



No comments: