Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 25 February 2014

You can't beat a good success story & Em really is one!



25th February 2014
Failure is only postponed success as long as courage 'coaches' ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory.  Herbert Kaufman

After a delicious breakfast of crumpets filled with ham and cheese, we took a lovely drive out was had yesterday to Ironbridge with mom to get her out, we didn’t walk far when we got there but far enough to fill her lungs with some fresh air, get some vitamin D (yep the sun was shining) and see some pretty flowers and scenery.  The crocus were out and looking lovely, I’m so glad spring is on its way.  Despite being in continuous plan and having to use 2 sticks to help her walk she still carries on, as you can see in the album https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152189675065862.1073741854.595730861&type=1&l=3ff9af959a

I’d spent all morning on the computer putting together success photos for our page www.facebook.com/area37 and I decided that Em’s was worth more than just a before and after photo because the shots she sent me showed a journey that has obviously taken a while and I loved what she’d wrote in the message she sent me;

For me Weight Watchers was the answer to my prayers , I have never been able to stick to a 'diet' but I have made this a lifestyle change.  I love Filling & Healthy, but if I really want something that's not F&H, I just switch to ProPoints for the day , no food is off limits.  Weight Watchers has made me experiment with foods I didn’t eat and I now get excited about fruit and veg and good food!  I have never stuck to a diet past dinnertime on Day 1, but 19 months on I am still going and love it. Xx”

I think she’s more than covered what makes Weight Watchers Works in one paragraph!


From a size 28 to a size 10, what an amazing achievement!  Em has lost almost 8 stone in today, what a phenomenal amount; she’s now lighter than she’s been in 10 years

Why did Em decide to try and lose weight again after knowing that she’d never made it past day 1 previously on any other ‘diet’, a couple of reasons, the first a very serious one, she had a build up of pressure around her brain which she I had to have a lumber puncher to drain some fluid off and was told she needed to lose weight otherwise it would get worse.  The other deciding vote as if that reason wasn’t enough was the holiday where she decided I had to lose weight!  She told me, “I was so big, my sleeping bag only done up to my knees and I froze, I couldn’t get up and down off the floor, not good when your camping!”

We all want to be healthy and happy, sometimes it takes that one thing, maybe even that one photograph to motivate us and remind us how important it is!  Seeing Em’s and other members before and after photos makes me realise it’s possible, anyone can do it if they want it bad enough and if they get good support and follow a healthy plan.

Believe in yourself – you can do anything you set your mind too!  BeYOUtiful & Eat Gorgeous – Em did ;)

No comments: