Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 15 February 2014

Oh I do love a scone!



15th February 2014
Worrying is about as useful as a wooden rocking horse – gives you something to do but gets you nowhere!

Another windy night out there, we’ve got some missing lead off our chimney, it’s getting fixed next week but you can’t half hear some noise in our loft when you’re lying in bed, I can’t even begin to imagine the hell they’re living in areas where the flooding is really bad. 


Anyways on a brighter note, I baked scones yesterday, mmm they were tasty and not to large, so I got two with clotted cream and lemon curd on for 10pp, that was our lunch instead of eating out where everywhere was booked up or loved up because of Valentine’s day, I also made bread (cheated a little using a packet mix) and we had burger for tea, just shows with planning you can eat burgers and cakes, it’s all about quantity!

Scones (Makes 8-10 scones) (total 34pp)
·         225g/8oz self raising flour (20pp)
·         pinch of salt
·         55g/2oz stock (10pp)
·         25g/1oz caster sugar (2pp)
·         150ml/5fl oz milk (1pp)

Preparation method

1.    Heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2.    Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter.
3.    Stir in the sugar and then the milk to get a soft dough.
4.    Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round 2cm/¾in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter to stamp out rounds and place on a baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
 
Optional - Brush the tops of the scones with a beaten egg (2pp). Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden. 

I’m off out for a tasty lunch today too, going to the boat  http://www.oddfellowsintheboat.com/find.php haven’t been for ages, it serves delicious food, it really does, and it’ll take a huge chunk if not all of my weekly allowance!  Good job I haven’t been drinking this week!
Think I’ll do some cooking and fill the freezer Sunday, I have a ‘to eat’ list and it’s getting longer!  Fancy corned beef hash, also have a recipe for WW Au Gratin Potatoes that looks tasty, haven’t had a risotto for so long, and I really fancy a pie!  

Here’s a recipe for chicken and mushroom pie,   http://www.happyowls.co.uk/crustpie.html I think I fancy mince beef and onion pie or steak pie, oh man is it wrong to want all this at 7.30am!  I could eat everything and anything this morning, I’m going to hold out till lunchtime though and have something scrumptious.

Yes I feel a foody day coming on, I will be able to resist dessert I think as it’s real food I fancy, so not as much damage, won’t drink either because of driving.  All about balance ain’t it!
Right I’m off - things to do, places to be – have a great day despite the weather.

BeYOUtiful xx

No comments: