Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Can't beat the power of ProPoints!


12th February 2014 

To create a masterpiece takes time, remember you're working on a masterpiece – YOU!

What a day we had yesterday, all seasons one after another, when I arrived at my meeting on the morning it was torrential rain, then by the time I was due to start my talk it was white over and we’d had an inch of snow, an hour later – bright blue sky and sunshine!  Crazy weather!
Also just one of the reasons we’re struggling with emotional eating at the moment, it’s so easy to sit in the house bored and eat especially when there’s not much on tv to watch and you don’t feel like doing anything else!  Sound familiar?  Despite this my gorgeous members managed to lose 168lb yesterday, and the BeYOUtiful Jane received another silver seven taking her total up to 9 stone, she smiled and informed me the last time she saw that weight on the scales she was 13 years old!  What an achievement, what an amazing feeling that must be.
We all have to remind ourselves WHY we’re watching what we eat, why it’s important to us to lose weight and maintain the losses that we have, it isn’t just about seeing numbers on a set of scales, it so much more.  Our reasons will vary from person to person, some similar but all as individual as we are.

I went back to ProPointing yesterday after a good few weeks on Filling & Healthy I’ve decided as I eat mostly good food anyway I want to ProPoint so that I can have gravy and large slices of brown bread without having to use my weekly allowance for it, my day looked like this;

Breakfast – porridge and raspberries 4pp

Lunch – Roast chicken breast with skin (6pp), potatoes (2pp), peas (1pp), carrots, gravy (1pp)


Tea – chicken and ham salad sandwich on hovis wholemeal (9pp)

Milk in tea 2pp
Glass of wine 6pp

When I was preparing lunch, I weighed some small new potatoes and was surprised at how many I could get for 4pp, just shows it pays to weigh!

It really does help not having the junk in the house, what isn’t here can’t be eaten and now mom has to be careful with what she eats, it’s easier not to have anything in to tempt us.  If we want something sweet there’s fruit and yogurts, if we want something savoury then we can pop some popcorn, I haven’t done that lately because it takes effort and usually when we’re wanting something we’re looking for instant gratification and we don’t want to put in any effort so popping corn is out of the question!

I’m thinking liver and onions with mash and veg today, then I’ll defrost some chicken portions so I can prepare a casserole ready for tomorrow when I’m too busy to cook.  

I’m also making a conscious effort to drink more water, one reason because it helps to stop my coughing but also it’s good for me!  

The other thing I’m focusing on this week is my pedometer, my check up with the nurse made me realise I haven’t been clocking up as many steps with the weather being yucky, so this week my mission is 10,000 a day minimum, yesterday I managed 14,935 which is fab, work days aren’t as difficult, weekends are the worst, so come rain or shine, this weekend I will be going for a walk to earn some activity ProPoints and hit that 10,000 steps!

What are you focusing on this week?

I’ll leave you with that thought – have a great day BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: