Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 3 September 2013

The pain was worth it! & My tea was delicious ;)

3rd September 2013
Sometimes we’re too quick to countdown the days that we forget to make the days count.  Don’t rush life!
 
I had a wonderful day yesterday, took Alfie for his walk as usual, 40 minutes we were out, he’s been lazy all summer but the cooler mornings seem to be having a positive effect on his energy levels, so fingers crossed he’ll start getting his want for walking back.  Mom didn’t fancy doing anything and I knew I’d end up sitting having a lazy day so I decided to go for a walk on my own, got in my car and drove to Cannock Chase, the sponsored walk is less than three weeks away and I haven’t walked 15 miles for years, so I thought I’d better see how likely I am to manage it!
 
I took my camera and took my time, and managed ten miles, I really enjoyed the quiet of the woods and taking photos, maybe a few too many J here they are if you have time to trawl through them!
 
I’d forgotten my bottle of water; I was ok at first as it wasn’t really hot but by mile 7 (yes seven!) I’d started to get a little bit Thursday and made my way to Milford Common hoping for a shop and how pleased was I to see an Ice Cream van, and how good was I to only buy a bottle of water!  I ended up doing ten miles and was very glad to see my car by then, I treated myself to a coffee from the café before heading home.  This morning I’m a bit stiff and my feet hurt inside, I’ve got a bit of arthritis in my hands and feet so they’re feeling it but they’ll survive.  I really enjoyed it and I need to make more time for walking alone if Alfie won’t walk with my, I enjoy the quietness, the scenery and the break from technology, I also enjoy the activity ProPoints earned on my pedometer – 12pp yesterday)  I’ll manage the 15 mile but I’ll be shattered at the end of it and very stiff the following day ;) but it’s for a good cause to raise much needed funds for Alzheimer's Society and it’s not too late for you to text a donation, by texting BEVL99 £1 to 70070, or go online to donate http://www.justgiving.com/bevsww
 
You could even join us!  http://www.memorywalk.org.uk/cannockchase
It’s a great charity & a real challenge,
Saturday 21st September 2013 (you can do 2, 6 or 15 miles)
 
That's what I look like when I'm in my element :)


This machine makes sure I know where I am & I don't get lost!
 
Walking relaxes me, yesterday was the first time in a while my mind stopped long enough for me to read a book, so fingers crossed I’m not into the book enough to carry on.  I’m also going to schedule in walking, as instructed by my leader (she’s told me to make the time!), she’s a bit of a bitch if I’m honest, I don’t get any sympathy from her at all ;) it’s a good job she’s my best mate too isn’t it really.  So yes, she’s right, I will be doing at least 3 x 1 hour walks a week, through the local farmers fields whether Alfie comes or not and I will attempt to do a longer walk somewhere pretty too.
 
So my blog wouldn’t be complete without talk of food, I made the Butternut squash & sage recipe from the months Weight Watcher magazine, the sage I picked from my own garden ;) and I have to say we really enjoyed it, I don’t cook pasta very often but I think that might be something I’m going to change, especially as it works out as a cheap meal too.  We’re looking at food, planning, sorting, cooking over the next two weeks in the meetings, so great time to get back if you’ve been missing over the holidays, some great offers on too, £4.50 for first meeting or £2.25 each if you and a friend join together, and not forgetting the monthly pass option that’s £12.95 in meetings for the first one.  I don’t usually put Weight Watchers offers in my blog but the kitchen scales have a tenner off them this week only, so £29.95 instead of £39.95, if you don’t have a set, now’s the time to buy them, they are the one thing I use every day, it makes ProPointing so much easier.
 
mine almost looks like the photo in the magazine!
 
I’d just settled down after eating my tea, having a bath and getting sorted for work the next day when Alfie asked to go for a walk (no he doesn’t speak but he may as well!), so I more than did my share of walking yesterday, two dog walks and a ten miler, no wonder I slept like a baby, I was in bed by nine.
 
Haven’t thought about food/meals for today really so need to go check the fridge/freezer and cupboards, I have decided I’m not shopping until the weekend, vegetables only if absolutely necessary.  We’re using up what we have so fish finger sandwiches will be on the cards, using the tinned stuff, might have eggs, chips and beans for lunch actually, going back to basics this week, keeping it simple.  Mom really enjoyed the flapjacks so I will be making her some more of them at some point, or trying a different recipe there’s one in the programme folder I might try.
 
Right I’m off, I have a busy week, my right arm Sharon is on holiday this week so I don’t have her helping in the meetings, wish me luck!
 
Eat Gorgeous xx
 
 
 

No comments: