Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Hell yeah it works!

18th September 2013
“The first step towards the solution of any problem is optimism.”  John Baines
 
So I lost 2lb, and I would like to thank my journal for supporting and motivating me this week and helping me do that, it really has made a difference.
I got to thinking yesterday about what makes Weight Watchers work for me and that of course made me wonder why it works for others, because of course we are all so very, very different and yet some of us are also very similar!  Then I had a very interesting text conversation with an amazing lady and one sentence she typed which really hit me was, “It’s my life now – eating like this is what I do!”
And that for me sums up WHY Weight Watchers works because the plan they promote can be followed and lived by FOREVER! It’s not a quick fix or a fad but a sustainable way of life.  I asked on Facebook why Weight Watchers was their choice and these were some of the replies;
No food is off limits
Everything in moderation is ok
The flexibility to eat what you fancy
Lose weight but still enjoy the foods you love without feeling guilty
It fits into real life & it's so easy to follow
It's easier with support
They all look like damn good reasons to me!  I love that we have two plans ProPoints and Filling & Healthy so that you have even more choice, yes we know that from a nutritional point of view F&H is the best option to choose because you’re eating only the ‘good’ stuff, however for me to be healthy and happy I need some of the not so good stuff too, hence the reason I love ProPoints and include plenty of F&H foods within my allowance. 
Some people honestly don’t care about the ‘healthy’, they just wanna be thin and you know what, that’s complete okay, it’s totally their choice, we only get one life (as far as we know) and how you life it is 100% your decision.
In my early 20s my priority was on being thin no matter what, by my late 20s I wanted to be fit and lean, in my early 30s I just wanted to make it through the day without my boss making me cry then grab a cooked chicken and a bottle of wine on the way home to reward myself!  By my mid 30’s, 2004 to be precise I just wanted to be thin again, so I did it with Weight Watchers on cereal and two ready meals a day!  Now I have a passion for food and a love of myself and my priority is the healthy and happy, yes I’m chuffed I lost 2lb yesterday, I was aiming for 1lb, had I not lost any I wouldn’t have been gutted like I would’ve back in my 20s because it’s not a race now, I’m enjoying the journey that is life and embracing every day, even the bad ones because we all have bad ones – food wise, mood wise and life wise – no ones life is 100% fabulous all the time, and if it is you’re either very, very lucky or lying. Xx
Yep Weight Watchers works and it works differently for each and every one of us which is why yesterday I congratulated on lady on her 3lb weight loss and smiled as she told me she’d had lemon meringue, chocolate and wine.  I also congratulated another who lost 1.5lb and followed filling and healthy all week so didn’t have to worry about weighing and measuring, and of course not forgetting me, I was minus 5pp on the week, I used all my daily’s, weeklies and activity ProPoints and lost 2lb, I partook in the odd big glass of wine or two, I also had a couple of slices of pizza and my meals were delicious.
Whatever your personality and eating patterns know that if you follow the Weight Watchers plan 100% - it works!
So here’s to another week of me and my journal, day 8 of 84 starts today, 1 week down, 11 to go, I can do this – can you?
Eat Gorgeous, BeYOUtiful &
BElieve in
YOUrself
Because you’re worth the effort xx
 

No comments: