Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 20 September 2013

Only 6am and my minds already racing excitedly about food!

20th September 2013
“Everything will change when your desire to move on exceeds your desire to hold on.” – Alan H. Cohen
 
 
It’s definitely stew weather isn’t it, although the forecast for the weekend is actually quite good, I do hope so, especially Saturday with my walk planned?  Yesterday I decided to follow the Filling and Healthy plan for the day, I knew I was going to be rushed, hungry and would end up not being brill otherwise so my day consisted of scrambled egg on toast for breakfast, a banana and 2 bowls beef stew with low calorie bread – sorted!  I will put the last bit of stew in the freezer to have another day.  I’m contemplating doing another F&H day today, and I might go and get some gammon, or if my mate comes over, I might treat us both to lunch ;-), who knows, it’s not 6am yet and I’ve not long been up, so anything could change.
 
I fancy having a play with Filling & Healthy to be honest, I want to try new recipes, rather than stick to the ‘expected’ meals that people have, I’m thinking a beef mince keema style curry maybe cooked in my slow cooker, or something with lentils and chick peas, ooo I feel a day in the kitchen in the not too distant future, Sunday or Monday maybe.  I love how when you get home the house smells of food when you’ve left the slow cooker on, it makes it feel like someone else has cooked your tea for you, but I need to get more things cooking in it other than stew – I will start to investigate I think, to see what else I can put together.  I’ve also bought a timer plug and thought I could set the Actifry to come on half hour before I’m due home, but then I was thinking if it was chips in their, they might go a bit brown.  Experimentation time this weekend, definitely.
 
I also need to go shopping; I only have about 4 slices of bread left!  Bless my mom, I let her have Walkers cheese and onion crisps last weekend despite the fact they are the one food I struggle to have in the house and resist, they’re my trigger food.  I was really in the zone last week so got her two packs of 6 and said for her to hide them from me which she did.  Last night when I asked her for a bag, she told me she’d eaten them all, now I’m not sure if she has or if she just said that to keep me on track, but either way I’m grateful this morning to her because that would’ve cost me four valuable ProPoints!
 
I’m on day 10 of my journal, tracking my ProPoints honestly, last night I used slightly more of my spares than I expected but still have 41 weeklies left as I enter the weekend, and I’m bound to earn a few tomorrow on my walk.  I could have very easy gone way off track last night, however looking at my journal and remembering why I started it in the first place kept me from doing so. 
 
Yesterday in my meeting we had a lovely morning, 4 of my golden girls were celebrating 10 years since they joined their Weight Watcher meeting, all at goal and have been there for 9 of those years, lovely to see their wonderful friendship, one of them met the other three through Weight Watchers and have been friends every since.  Proving of course Together is Better, it’s been a fab week all round, lots of weight loss, members achieving their ultimate goals and everyone seeming in really good spirits – I do love my work ;)
 
I’m making it a short blog today because I’ve got lots to do and I’m already googling slow cooker curry recipes!  I’m impatient ain’t I, need to go check the spices shelf downstairs, want to make a curry today now. I also have a photo of a chip butty on my desk to remind me that I want one some time this weekend – me – odd, I won’t have it said J I just saw this photo in a magazine and thought mmm I want one, so it’s gone on my ‘to eat’ list, because I can’t eat everything in one day – that’s how I ended up at Weight Watchers in the first place – trying to!
 
Have a fabulous Friday – YAY almost the weekend. Xx  Don’t forget to Eat Gorgeous xx

No comments: