Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Started me an 84 day countdown! & I'm one day in already ;-)

11th September 2013
Stop beating yourself up!  You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.
 

The scales said ‘stayed the same’ I won’t lie I deserved that, if you only kinda track, you only kinda lose weight!  So I’ve had a word with myself yet again to get a grip ;) I know, broken record but I prefer to call it the cycle of life and I proved it when I found a journal out yesterday and it was started this time last year and I’d wrote almost the same thing and my weight was almost exactly the same too!  However I’m all about focusing on the future not on the past so here’s to 12 weigh-ins to shift 11lb, I’ve treated myself to a nice new shiny pink Weight Watcher journal and Day 1 is complete and I’m looking forward to starting day two.  I’ve decided to split my 49 weeklies and have 7 extra each day rather than save them for the weekend, that way I’m not going to feel hungry, I’m all about the ‘mindless margin’ or not noticing I’m trying to lose weight if that makes sense.  3 good meals a day and that was the way it went yesterday, and my tea wasn’t bad for a book in the bag, 3 minutes in the microwave and a 12pp Uncle Ben’s bacon & mushroom risotto done and on the table!

Focusing on the positive, my weight never keeps going up anymore, it stops at a certain weight and then I take a few pounds off again, I’ve always kept 2½ stone of my starting weight off and I’ve realised that’s because I’ve put so many routines in place it makes it something I do without even noticing, such as ‘eating up the table’, ‘wearing my pedometer all day, every day”, “eating veggies or fruit with every meal”.  There are of course some that I can still work on, such as “thinking before I eat and asking myself, it is really worth it”.  Yes I am a self-confessed foodie and I’ll never be naturally thin because I choose not to be not because it’s not possible, and I’d rather ‘restart’ my journal, and ‘get back on track’ as often as is necessary. 
I loved some of the meal suggestions that came up in yesterdays meeting, more so because it proved that my members are enjoying their food and losing weight, the new Weight Watcher 20 minutes meals is proving very popular, especially since every meal in it is under 10pp, I don’t have enough meal times to cook all the meals that have been suggested to me J
We’re going to have a sausage and egg muffins today, it’s in a Your Week coming up in a few weeks time and as soon as I read it, I thought ‘mmm’, so as I’ve got egg for lunch, I’ll have something different for breakfast.
Soup, I need to make some zero or very low ProPointed soup that I can drink out of a mug to warm me up because I think the temperatures really dropped the last few days, proper nip in the air there is!  There’s a good looking mushroom soup in the 20 minute book I might have a go with, or the butternut squash one looks good too.  Ooo I’ve just remembered I bought some Sudo or subo noodles the other week, I might make a noodle soup with them, mmm nice.
Right I’m waffling again, I’ve gone into ‘foodie’ mode ;-) so I need to stop or I’ll be eating soup for breakfast and that’s not part of my 84 day journal plan lol. 
Here’s to a fantastic day, Eating Gorgeous of course!  And just in case you fancy soup too here’s a recipe;
Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Serves 6, zero ProPoints
 
1 portion butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced into 1 inch cubes
2 medium onion(s), quartered
2 portion stock cube, vegetable, make up to 2 pints with hot water
1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 pinch salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
2 portion spring onions, thinly sliced, to garnish
 
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220°/425°F. Place squash and onion in a large roasting pan or baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until squash is tender. Don't worry if some of the pieces get a bit browned - this will add to the roasted flavour of the soup.
Remove from oven. Tip into saucepan and add stock. Bring up to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool about 15 minutes - do not pour hot soup directly into food processor, or you risk it exploding. Purée in batches in blender or food processor.
Toast curry powder in a small frying pan over low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes - be careful not to burn it. Stir into puréed soup. Season to taste and divide between six bowls. Garnish with spring onions and serve.
 
 
 

No comments: