Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 28 September 2013

Looking forward to my day ;)

28th September 2013
There are some people who could hear you speak a thousand words and still not understand you. And there are others who will understand without you even speaking a word. — Unknown
One BUSY Happy Owl!
Had to share, made me laugh out loud literally.
 
As much as I dislike lying awake for three hours in the middle of the night, I also enjoy the silence that it involves, last night my stinky head cold woke me up and then I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I lay there and enjoyed the peace and my thoughts, I went and made a cup of tea then came back to bed and drank it, eventually I fell back to sleep.
We had an area meeting last night so yesterday afternoon I sat and enjoyed a hour or two of ‘me time’, in the hotel where the meeting was taking place, the idea was to read my book however I didn’t realise that their was going to be a group of ten or more pensioners filling up the lounge and talking none stop bless em, they never ran out of conversation once, everything from achy legs gel to marmite was discussed ;).  So instead I read my magazine as it didn’t take as much concentration, and ear wigged in on their chat.  How lovely for them all to be there enjoying a weekend away as a group, I reckon they had some fun planned!
Looking forward to today because me and my bestie are having an afternoon out, we haven’t had one for a long time where one of us hasn’t got to be back for whatever reason, we’ll both be ready for bed by 8ish because that’s the way we roll!  Happy middle-aged birds, who enjoy the afternoon then snooze ;), Bella Italia for lunch and a few glasses of something intoxicating for sure, roll on lunchtime.
Tomorrow, I WILL cook a proper meal, I’ve got really lazy in the kitchen lately and I need to get back in there being creative, it’s something I enjoy and now the weather is turning and gardening isn’t really as much fun, then cooking and crafting can get back on the agenda, I just need to motivate myself to actually do it – got rather lazy just lately, I’ve mostly been doing work and chilling in from of the tv, that’s has been the extent of my activity and it needs to change, having said that I did do the walk last Saturday so maybe I’m being a little hard on myself.
Having said that, I’m really happy where my life is, we were talking about ‘bucket lists’ the other day and I didn’t have a bucket list as such but I ticked off a lot of things that I wanted to do a good few years ago, I hiked to Machu Picchu, cycled across the Great Rift Valley in Kenya, trekked in Nepal, flown round Everest, Whale Watching (including Blue Whales), cycled from San Francisco to L.A., walked up Snowdon 3 times in one day using all 6 paths, to name but a few of the larger things I’ve done.  These days I’m happy with the small stuff, I have no burning desires to do or go anywhere, I’d quite like to do a Tandem ride but I’m not in a rush, I’ve been saying it for years and still not done it so the desire isn’t that great.  Now all I crave is quiet me time, days out with my mom, and giggles with my bestie, I’m really content with the day to dayness of my life and I love feeling this way.  I do sometimes think ‘should I be doing something’ and I end up saying no!  There is one thing I keep thinking about doing and that’s a cookery course, so maybe I’ll just do it, not a long one just a day thing, I want to get to grips with making a good curry because I seriously CANNOT!  Everyone I make ends up being given away or binned, or I force myself to eat it!   I truly enjoy the Asian ability to cook flavoursome food, its awesome, so whilst I was awake at 2am this morning I did a bit of googling and I intend to go back to look this morning and hopefully sign up for one and treat myself.  I know I could get a book but it wouldn’t be as much fun and I do love an ‘experience’.
Is there something you’ve always thought about doing?  Is it feasible, is there a way to make it happen.  Think about it….
Right I’m off, it’s Saturday morning and I have nothing I have to do – YAY have fab is that, don’t get me wrong I have loads I could do but I’m not gonna, I’m going to go with the flow and see how I feel, might go make me a bacon breakfast mmm.
See ya, BeYOUtiful because you’re Gorgeous xxx
Healthy & Happy remember – ALWAYS!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: