Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 30 March 2011

30th March 2011

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. Dale Carnegie

I caved, I went shopping, I had to, it’s my therapy ;-D, when I was worked up or stressed or rushed I used to eat, now I go and walk round a supermarket, it’s a way of getting out of the house and I just browse the aisles looking at the wonderful things I can eat, I use the time to ProPoints things to share with my members and also to plan meals I can have in the coming weeks. I only spent a little bit and I did indulge in a box of Co-Op chocolate éclairs at 3pp each from the freezer cabinet, but be careful they’re are 6 in the box, so only defrost the one you plan to eat! Otherwise half the box ends up being your tea !


I also found the following two on offer, 2 for £7, both take 10 minutes in the microwave which is great for a midweek meal and the chicken in gravy is 10pp, whilst the beef in gravy is 11pp for the whole pack, plenty for two people.


 I also got talking to a lovely old lady who was following Weight Watchers in another area, but she hadn’t quite got to grips with working the ProPoints out in things, if this is you, please ask me to show you until you understand, also consider buying the calculator because for £9.95, it makes your life so much easier, and of course if you have a monthly pass there’s the online calculator too.

A few of my members have had ‘one of those weeks’ this week, they haven’t stuck to the plan, they’ve got a little off track, and I think it’s important to remember that overeating is a natural part of life, if you only do it occasionally. When faced with the best thing your mother or partner makes or a scrumptious meal in a restaurant, it's normal to eat a little past the point of full simply because you love the taste. But how can you enjoy the pleasure of food, indulge a little here and there, and not have your weight suffer? By always keepin your weight in mind, it's one of the things that people who maintain their weight know how to do. They plan ahead. If you know that you're going out to dinner or to your moms for Sunday roast where you'll want a little more freedom with food, you can cut back throughout the day or save your weekly allowance for it.

It's really not that different from balancing a cheque book. If you spend more money one month on clothes than you normally would, you might not be able to go to the movies as much. Keeping your weight in mind also means not using a planned indulgence as an excuse for eating poorly all day or worse still, all week! For example, a lot of people will say I'm going to blow it tonight at that party, so I might as well give up altogether, until next week. That won't work. To enjoy the occasional overindulging without having your weight suffer, be proactive, delay further gratification for a little while, and then let yourself look forward to a healthy dinner later.

You can still enjoy the good times, you just have to balance them out. Remember tracking really does help keep you focused, and don’t forget that free scales draw if you had your tracker into me between now and Easter.

WRITE IT DOWN TO GET IT RIGHT

IF you bite it, write it
IF you drink it, ink it
IF you imbibe, then scribe
IF it goes down your throat, then make a note!

(WHILE YOU’RE WRITING, YOU’RE NOT BITING, EATING OR CHEATING)

DON’T BE A SLACKER – DO YOUR TRACKER


Have a fabulous day, look in the mirror and give yourself a mental hug xx

2 comments:

kath said...

Printing this out to take to WW mtg. here in USA.
Back on track post wedding. Also, back to exercise routine.

Bev said...

Congratulations on your wedding and you'll be back on track and at goal before you know it. xx