Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 26 March 2011

26th March 2011

Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength. Sigmund Freud

Good morning, hasn’t the sunshine this week really brightened everyone’s mood and with the clocks going forward tonight, we’ll get an extra hour of daylight at night which will hopefully encourage us not to veg out on the settee.

I realised yesterday, the warmer weather means I need to start drinking more water too, so that’s today’s focus I'm going to make sure I drink at least 2 litres of water and rehydrate my body, especially my skin.
Did you know our bodies are, or should be, made up of at least 75% water.  But obviously we lose water all the time, through going to the toilet, even every time we exhale and a staggering 1litre a day through the skin.  We rarely drink enough to replenish it, so today I'm going to try.  Water is essential for digestive and urinary health, it's crucial to the smooth functioning of the body, and without it all our bodily systems become sluggish and less efficient.    It's crucial for kidney health, flushing away toxins, helping your body to metabolize stored fat.  So today fill a 2l bottle full of water and try and see if you can drink it, I actually like boiled water and am on my second mug, so that's 1/2 litre drunk already.
I had a lovely day yesterday not rushing about, it makes such a change and a welcome one too, I was quite proud of myself too because I resisted the shops realising I didn’t actually need anything and could live without new clothes as my bank balance isn’t healthy enough for indulging! So I’m going to see if I can go a week without spending, I’m going to use up food I have in the kitchen and have a budget week, cheap meals are sometimes the best meals. Me and Alfie have just got back from our walk and shared jam on toast mmm. If you have any cheap delicious recipes you can share, email them to me, that would be great.

I think I’ll make that savoury bread pudding one day as that was delicious, yesterday I made a tasty toastie with some beef slices a member had brought me to try. The whole thing was 12 ProPoints but it was work it, this was it;













and this was what went into it
= the entire packet of bresaola (3pp), 1/4 tub houmous (3pp), 2 sandwich thins (6pp) mmm

+  +


Later I may have a second walk with Alfie like I did yesterday, lovely to walk in this weather it really is, or I’m thinking I really do have to do the ironing! Yes I’m going to be brave, it’s not been done since January and I have some lovely clothes I’m not wearing because they haven’t been ironed. So this week I shall be productive. Spring cleaning maybe, as it’s the start of British Summer time this weekend, it’s a little late, but hey better late than never don’t you agree.

Here's to a superb Saturday xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, please quit calling yourself middle aged as that puts me in the elderly category as you are the same age as my son.
Second, ahhhh crap, can't remember what second was.

Bev said...

Luv it- I intend to be middle-aged for at least the next 40 yrs that way the beginning lasted 40yrs, the middle lasts 40yrs and my end will take the last 40yrs xx