Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 10 March 2011

10th March 2011

The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests. Epictetus
Day 2

Well I woke up this morning feeling refreshed after my first day of my alcohol-free zone and I did sleep better I have to admit! A few of you have joined me for lent, giving up alcohol, chocolate, fizzy drinks, coffee, biscuits and cappuccinos. One of my helpers sons is giving up fish sandwiches, to which she replied “you don’t eat fish”, mmm smart boy!

I got my members to witness my official start of Lent weight, and I have 11.5lb to get back to goal, so let’s see if I can do that by Easter or at least get pretty close.

Instead of my typical 6pp glass of red wine I ate this for breakfast;

Poached egg, crumpet, buttered mushrooms & spinach (6pp) obviously I don’t normally have the wine for breakfast ;D that would normally be confused in the evening and I’d eat fruit for breakfast!

Lunch was different to what I’d planned because my sister cooked me a delicious lamb dinner (16pp) which cost me a few more ProPoints than planned but hey I had spare as I didn’t need any for wine. And for my dinner I had a bit of a rushed meal of smoked salmon and microwave noodles with a few peas which wasn’t very appetising at all but I was tired and hungry so it did the job. Unfortunately because it didn’t do the trick I also had a slice of toast!

So my ProPoints total intake for the day was 43, I earn’t 9pp with my pedometer so 5pp came out of my weekly allowance. I’ve realised that I need to write down on paper my tracker and not just use the online one because that’s what works for me, seeing it in black and white in front of me. Tracking is different for everyone, so it’s important to find what works for you.

I made a good soup yesterday, its Cheat’s Spicy Butternut Soup, it was from a member who found it on Weight Watchers esource and it was surprising good.

Cheat's Spicy BNS Soup


This is a recipe for those people who have no time, hate peeling & chopping and think they can't make soup!


Ingredients
1 whole BNS
1 whole onion, peeled (I used 2)
2 garlic cloves, peeled (I used 4)
1 tbsp curry powder - this is to your personal taste - it would work with cumin/chilli/coriander (I used cumin, coriander and seasoned with garlic salt – think it would be good with the curry powder though)


Method


Wash the BNS - chop off the small nobbly bit at the top.


Place the whole thing (yes - the whole thing, skin, seeds etc etc) into a pot - a pot big enough to fit the BNS into and still have enough room for water to totally submerge the BNS


Add the whole onion and the whole garlic cloves to the pan


Fill with water so that all the veg is covered and about another 2 inches more.


Bubble for 40mins - add the curry powder and cook for a further 5 mins


Blend well. Eat. Enjoy a hassle free, 0ppts soup!


[SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO WORK - BUT GIVE IT A SHOT! IT'S GREAT! THE BNS NEEDS A STRONG FLAVOUR, SO USE WHATEVER YOU LIKE! THE SKIN/SEEDS ARE WHERE ALL THE GOODNESS IS INSIDE THE BNS - SO WHY WASTE IT??]

The jury’s out on the seeds, I did chew a few but tbh I think I’d rather spit them out,

It’s almost the weekend, enjoy your day. xx

No comments: