Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 11 March 2011

11th March 2011

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard
Day 3

And I’m finding it easier than expected, normally I pour a glass of red wine as soon as I get home because I’m tired and I think it will help me relax, the last two nights I’ve realised I’m so tired I don’t need to relax, if I sit down I’m immediately relaxed and if I lie down I just go straight to sleep – no wine needed!

Food intake again wasn’t as planned as I was so busy, had peanut butter and banana toastie for breakfast which was 8pp, wasn’t impressed that the bread I’d brought was 3pp a slice and not worth it!

Met Jenny (shop lady) for late lunch/early dinner at 3 in Sainsbury’s for food before evening meeting, had fish, chips & peas, didn’t eat the batter on the fish but did have tartar sauce, so put that down as 25pp. Was so tired when I got back didn’t have any tea just went straight to bed. I earned 7pp on my pedometer.

Today’s going to be another challenge as I’m meeting a friend for lunch and we’re going for the three courses! Let’s see if I can make wise choices, (I’ll post photos on fb and you can guess the PP) I’m going to have a banana for my breakfast and maybe I’ll not need tea again or could make some zero pp soup for tea, or something quite low in ProPoints.

This week in the meeting we’ve looked at Snacking,

Which snack foods can help you stay on the weight loss straight and narrow? It's 3pm and lunch is a distant memory. Here comes the stomach rumbling... and when you could run the risk of losing your steadfast willpower. Get those visions of vending machines out of your head!

To cure what ails you, you need a delicious, filling snack that won't sabotage all your hard work for the week. But what?

Even though your friend swears by a late afternoon snack of Ryvitas and jam, that doesn't mean that they'll do it for you. So before you reach for a snack, look over our snacking personalities below. Pinpoint the type of food you really want and you won't end up tasting everything in your kitchen cabinets.

What's Your Snacking Personality?

I want A LOT

If you're a volume eater, think small and low in fat: Try cheese-flavoured Snack-a-Jacks, popcorn, baby carrots and salsa, or cherry tomatoes.

I need some quick energy!

Complex carbohydrates are your best bet. They will give you an energy boost and keep you going for longer than just a high sugar food. Try some wholewheat crackers or a small tub of wholewheat pasta, a banana, or one slice of wholemeal toast with marmite.

I need a longer lasting snack

You can gobble down a chocolate in seconds, but ice lollies, hard sweets or frozen grapes take longer to eat. As an alternative, a piping hot cappuccino or steaming mug of tea can also do the trick.

What will tide me over for hours?

A lollipop may take a while to eat but its high sugar dose can be used up in a flash. High-fibre snacks, on the other hand, that contain some protein can stave off hunger for the long haul. Great options include Ryvitas and light soft cheese, peanut butter and apple slices, or a small handful of nuts and dried fruit.

Just keep my hands busy

When emotional eating kicks in and a non-food activity like a walk just won't cut it, (try it, first!) opt for snacks that take some time to prepare: pistachios in the shell, fruit you have to peel (try a whole mango) or a sundae made with yogurt, chopped fruit and cereal. By the time you're finished preparing and eating them, your emotions may well be on the upswing.

Need More Ideas?

Here's what some WeightWatchers.co.uk users say best nips their snack attacks in the bud.

Salty Snacks

• Weight Watchers Savoury Snacks: "Great alternative to normal crisps."
• Laughing Cow Cheese and Ryvitas: "Creamy and crunchy."
• Butternut Squash Chips: "Put tiny bit of oil over the top, lots of salt and pepper, chilli powder - and pop in oven for about 40 mins - like real chips."
• Popcorn: "The smell alone gives you that excited feeling of going to the movies!"
• Carrot batons and salsa: "Carrots are crunchy so it feels like you're eating crisps."

Sweet Snacks

• Low fat hot chocolate: "A sweet freebie."
• Sugar-free jelly: "Can't tell the difference."
• Grapes cold from the fridge: "My boyfriend now buys me grapes when he gets his chocolate!"
• Low fat yogurt frozen in the freezer: "Feels like you're eating ice cream!"


Snacking for Success

Whatever your snacking style happens to be, you don't have to change it. Just make sure that the munching is mindful, measure the portion sizes of all your snacks and track the ProPoints values, whatever they were.

If you can plan your snacking, so much the better. For example, if you need to know you are going to need an energy boost after work, then pack a snack in your bag, making sure to add the ProPoints values to your ProPoints Tracker. If your a monthly pass holder log in to access your online tools. If you’re not treat yourself next week in the meeting, only £12.95 for the first month.

Thank goodness it’s Friday. xx

No comments: