Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 14 November 2022

I will stay strong & resist temptation!

Monday, 14th November 2022
Surprise yourself - I am!


Another day in the bag, I'm so glad I sat and had a word with myself last Thursday, I know deep down I'm a greedy, drunk fat bitch at heart but I'm not going to accept that and give in to her, I want to lose some weight and I will use every ounce of motivation I can muster to do that.  On days I can't find my motivation, I'll hopefully have pre-planning in place, if all I have in the house is good foods, I can't do much damage can I.

Yesterday, when we got up early, I offered to make breakfast, the reply was 'what we got' so I said, crumpets, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs and leftover gammon, YES was the reply.  Now because I'm aiming for a weight loss, instead of 2 crumpets covered in butter, I opted for 1 slice of toast and I had less of the gammon, it was still 569 calories though, real butter see, worth it though it was very tasty. 


Yes, I could've eaten more, especially another slice of toast, but I didn't need more, this meal kept me satisfied until we had lunch at half two. 

I wanted chicken and we hadn't got any, so I nipped to the Co-op, they're now £5 each or two for £8 so yeah they've gone up like everything else, but I decided to buy 2 and cook both in the oven at the same time, saving on the electricity, and I'm going to freeze some after I've shredded it, I'm also going to make Chow Mein with it today Chicken Chow Mein (behappyowls.com) 

Anyway, my dinner was epic, worth every one of the 830 calories it cost, I also drank me a bottle of wine whilst cooking, eating and watching tele after.  Perfect afternoon.

I had managed to go back to bed around 5 on the morning and get another hours sleep, so it wasn't too bad after all but when himself left to go back to work at teatime, I decided to go catch up on 'I'm a Celebrity' in bed, I managed one episode before falling asleep, so I reckon I fell asleep about 6.15pm lol, then woke up for a few minutes when he called me at half seven to say he'd got there safe, then I slept most of the night, waking to go to loo or turn over in bed, before cats got me up at five this morning, no pain either, woo hoo, happy days, love sleeping I do.

I'm off to swim this morning, it's too easy to get out the habit isn't it, I haven't been because of the chest infection, but I'm 98% good now, just a bit of a cough.  Here's to burning some calories depending on how many lengths I manage, it can be anything up to 500, not bad.

Now, temptation is everywhere and Mcdonalds have already started on me this morning by email, telling me I can have a single McMuffin for £1.19 this morning if I want, they know I'm going swimming.  Sounds like a bargain doesn't it but a sausage and egg mcmuffin would set me back 423 calories, then I'd add a coffee, another 97 calories for a cappuccino taking the cost up by another £1.69.  Nah you're alright Maccy's, I'll come home and have something else later, I have a fridge full of food, might do bubble and squeak with yesterday's leftovers from dinner.

I will stay strong and think things through before falling for these offers.  I will lose weight, I will not be defeated, and I will not drink wine today, it's a dry day.  I've got this - have you?

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 



No comments: